Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: due to spots being overfished I will...

better get the

Quote Originally Posted by goseango View Post
    better get the :popcorn:
    Make it kettle corn................
    Last edited by GET DA NET; 01-06-2009 at 09:34 AM.

There is no need to "stop posting," he has EVERY RIGHT to not inform people of ANY spots he fished. Man, that reply pi**ed me off "might as well stop posting then..." Good luck Liz.......

GD

ps....i reread your post fishbait, maybe you didnt mean it like that, but there are MANY people on here that feel that if people do not inform other people of where they were fishing, then they feel that people shouldnt post.....THEY get upset cuz the person does not want to inform them of their spot....anyways, have a good day.......
    Last edited by ghetto dad; 01-06-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKCbassman View Post
    Now you will become a member of the DarkSide. Sorry but I have seen it for 10+years coming. Even TackleJunkie blew up one of my beautiful spots. Not that it was secret, many just didn't fish the spot, or would come and go in 30 minutes. 100 pictures later and 300 additional fisherman. Idiot
    There was no need for that man......

GD

I just think that the more popular places or spots to fish is fine on reporting but as we know poachers are always open ears and eyes. Earlier last year I was at Cachuma fishing the fishing dock and caught a dinky 6 oz. LMB while looking for panfish and this guy comes up and ask if I was going to throw it back in because he said they are good "finger fries" LOL! WTF! I've just started researching and reading up on poachers and how much they effect the fishing and especially in a condensed area like southern cal. I keep on hearing, "back in the days". or "when fishing was in abundance..." and I think to myself, I wish I had those days but I never once did and that upsets me because if that's the case then what does my kid have in stored for his life??? This was never meant to be a post to start issues but just a reality check on what has become of a lot of us. If poachers don't exist and people do their duties as a human being on earth then we can all fish and join in ALL info to one another but not anymore, that itself has left.

It would also help if your not part of the over fishing right? just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by ZplugJunkie View Post
    It would also help if your not part of the over fishing right? just a thought!
    meaning????

Just remember your secret spot is probably 30 other peoples secret spot. I thought I had a well hidden, hard to get to, nobody in there right mind will try to hike into this spot. Well boy was i wrong upon arrival one day and found someone had a campfire, and was drinking and there was remnants of power bait and Eagle Claw packaging on the ground.

Recently I have found 2 new secret fishing spots, I don't think anybody knows where they are though. YET!

yeah I guess you're right, everyone has rights to fish anywhere they are able to but I just wish people can keep within the limits if they need that many and respect the what we take as a lifestyle or hobby. All this is hurting my head, need to relax on the water tomorrow. Thanks for all your opinions and replies, I've been very enlightened by all the eye opening things that are happening to our planet and fishing is just a small fraction of the problem but still important.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHBAIT View Post
    Or you could just stop posting. I see this site as a place to share my trips and learn about new places to take trips. Example- Mojave Narrows, I had never read about this place until I got to talking to everyone here. I took a trip last weekend and had some fun...No harm done...just a day out.

But thats just the way I see it...No one has to agree...I just want to fish!

Fishbait
    i sort of agree.

but for one i think if you don't want to inform people of "your spot" then post your reports in the photo section and not in the reports section.

i persoanlly have been bashed for posting so much information on my posts, but what is a report for unless you are trying to inform others of your good luck on certain bodys of water.

I can say i would not be the fisherman i am today without the help of many of the people on this site.

even to this day i seek the great information from the many minds on this site, so far everyone has been nothing but nice and easyly gave me information.

when someone shows me the "spot" and ask's me not to say anything on where it is then i will just not make a report and just enjoy my day out fishing, but otherwise i'll give as much info as i can.

Other times i'll tell someone to meet up with me and i'll give them some tips and help them out with the fishing at castaic, but i'll tell them that if they fish with me they must promise me that they will throw every bass back. If they want to keep bass then they can do it on there own fishing trips. I'll also inform them as to why i C&R every LMB i catch.

it's sort of like a cycle of knowledge, the wise man lets the novice know his ways and then the cycle will hopefully continue. I was taught so therefore i will teach and hopefully they will teach the next person and so forth and so on.
    Last edited by Ray Lopez; 01-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast