Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beware of the Coachella Canals

I heard from my friend mentioned that the Coachella Canal is pretty low level water right now.

I have heard that the Highline Canal is very good at times down by El Centro.Anyone ever get down that far south?

yes...i have just chucking spinner baits and rattle traps...fish inside bends...

Default I will be visiting presidents weekend

Has any one researched these citations yet, if there is no water I would like to travel up a canyon and so some skeet shooting. I know Chocolate Mtn. is where BLM property starts along with live mortar rounds and out side of Mecca up by ladder canyon is BLM also.
    Are you guys talking about right above North Shore Desert Beach area? in google earth use coordinances Lat. 33°31'58.61"N Long.115°54'46.20"W.
    This week I will call Sherrif, water district and the BLM.
    Be safe.
    Ken

What I would recommend is that you and anyone who fishes that area write to the editors of the Riverside Press-Enterprise and inform them that you will no longer be spending your sporting dollars in riverside county. The only way to curb such practices is through pressure brought from the business's that pay taxes in that county.

Default I am here right now

Greetings form the Salton Sea everyone and its not raining, yet.
    According to CVWD it is tresspassing to be on the canal road but there is more than one road, there is three up here. The State Park Police told me how to get to the bradshaw trail with out going on private property and we did, this included 5 miles of canal road. the trick is stay on the most northly road or the old canal road and do not use private property to get there.The Bradshaw trail is a very nice long ride, say 88 miles round trip for us.
    Now about fishing. The CVWD said they wouldent advise it, then I asked them if it was illegal and they said yes. I wonder about the way they answered my question because the lady said I wouldent several times. I Did not see one angler fishing the canal around here nor in niland. However I seen people fishing at the State Park headquarters probably for talaipa and the only reason I say that is the pelicans are having a hay day out in front of our camp on the little fry.
    Well thats my conclusion.
    Take it easy.
    Ken

They even put a gate and no trespassing signs on the coachella at hwy 78 near glamis. Of course i just ignore this minor inconvenience and 4X around the gate and fish anyway. If i do happen to see an official looking vehicle coming my way, then I just hop in the truck and run it up to about 65mph, this will leave a dust cloud a mile long that discourages any further pursuit.

Speaking of the Bradshaw trail, It continues past the coachella and winds up near Blythe.If you like remote 4x4 trails then you'll love this 70 mile adventure.

hers a link to some info about it
    http://www.off-roadweb.com/adventure...ail/index.html
    Last edited by Carpholeo; 02-16-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpholeo View Post
    They even put a gate and no trespassing signs on the coachella at hwy 78 near glamis. Of course i just ignore this minor inconvenience and 4X around the gate and fish anyway. If i do happen to see an official looking vehicle coming my way, then I just hop in the truck and run it up to about 65mph, this will leave a dust cloud a mile long that discourages any further pursuit.

Speaking of the Bradshaw trail, It continues past the coachella and winds up near Blythe.If you like remote 4x4 trails then you'll love this 70 mile adventure.

hers a link to some info about it
    http://www.off-roadweb.com/adventure...ail/index.html
    LOL

That's how I used to do it too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123