Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of the Coachella Canals

Toefish, were you driving a street legal vehicle or an off road vehicle?

carpholeo..nice to see ya again man...hows things??

hey whats up? not much going on in the southern part of the valley/AAC, cept for the occasional 3 to 6 lb striper. bout 4 weeks ago i drove the coachella from I-8 north to hwy 78 at glamis and didn't catch a damm thing. I might hit the canals in Blythe this weekend but with the full moon the bite will probably be even slower.

I haven't fished the coachella north of slab city since they replaced it with that stupid concrete canal.

As for the off-roading ticket, I would fight that all the way, call the CWD and ask what thier position is on driving on the canal road, and check to see if there were signs posted where you were cited.

right on...i tried almost the same route but did the highline...up to glamis..did ok on small stuff....going to give up the coachella...been doing Blythe ...been doing ok..the smaller canals for smallies...did get my new BP off one of back water areas...i was going to try it too
    but in two weeks..have martin Luther day off...bit closer for me than Yuma...but have Yuma penned in march to try...

Quote Originally Posted by Toefish View Post
    F RamboBoy, I think you're referring to the areas where there is bridge access to the canals, more towards the city limits.
    That is right, exactly, Toefish!

Any updates? I'm afraid with all the fencing going up & now this,this place may be a thing of the past...

Default well..

there is the highline canal...lots of room there to the Mexican boarder.....best no fences..and no riverside sheriff's deputies

my 2 cents...lightning hows ya my friend

What up my Brother? Time for us to find a new stomping ground!

just go a bit more south..and leave riverslime county...all is gravy..and remember them lakes out that way too
    blythe has been good to me..and have yuma in march upcoming..

good to know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast