Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vine/Lagoon - 1/3/09 - Good Times

Default Vine/Lagoon - 1/3/09 - Good Times

Headed out to the Vine, got there about 5:30. Headed in with the family at 6:00. Ended up at one of the spots left on trout Island near the auxillary rental dock. Hook two small fish right away. J-Sauce's GF Deanna reeled in her first fish ever. (see pik below). We sat it out for about 2 hours w/o a single other strike. Patrick (TM65) stopped by to say hello and said there was plenty of room at the lagoon if we wanted to take all the kids over. We decided to take him up on the offer.Fished as close to the running water as I could get, first cast with a power worm is fish on before I get it in the rod holder. It was just as wide open for the remainder of the day. I was handing out power worms, hooks, sliding sinkers, powers eggs and the such to all the surrounding families who werent catching. All three of them got there limits after the bait and set up switch. It was a phenominal day for the kids. My youngest Aiden and my oldest David both caught Brownies. Bothe were extrememly excited. My middle boy Orion caught a nice trout drop shotting a blue crappie jig tube. My wife is convinced I discriminate against Blue and was determined to catch one on blue. She got a few strikes, and Orion broke the blue skunk. I am one proud Dad. My boys caught em like champs. Trout Dogs daughter TDJr was hookin and reelin em in like a champ as well. She is practically family and I was very proud of her as well. The true joy was hangin with my buddies Trout Dog and TDjr, J-Sauce and his new lady Deanna, my beautiful wife and boys. We went out to trout island for lunch and met Dirty Girl and her phenom fishing son. For anyone who hasnt experienced it, Dirty Girl is one heck of a hostess and puts on a mean spread. Thanks again for feeding the Myers family. Hung with Omar, Timster, Mitz, Man Vs. Wild. I met Slocal and Shh77 for the first time as well. I cant say enough for the FNN crew and the Irvine staff. They always provide an excellent experience and are the best in the business. It was a day the kids are still talking about and am sure will not be forgotten. Thanks to everyone and I am sure Troutdog and Jsauce will fill in the blanks for me and add more photos. Here is the photo album..

D with her first fish of her life...

The Boyz - dawning ther vine stickers!

Aiden with his first of the A.M.

Orion Bendo!

Davids First

TDJr Bendo - Lauren

Aiden netting Laurens First of the Day.

Jsauce holding a dropshotting Clinic.

Tdog surveying the beautiful surroundings.

Orions proof that fish do hit blue plastics.

Davids Brownie on the lemon lime lip ripper

Orions Blue Fish.

I used the hook removal techniques on Jsauces hand to remove a trebel and it worked like a charm. (Once Jessie quit crying)

nice job man! looks like the kids all had a blast. thanks for the post.

Nice pics BingJr, i wish i knew you all were over there. I would have loved to came by and splash water on TD. Props on getting out there with the family and freinds. Hope 2 cya soon bro

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Nice pics BingJr, i wish i knew you all were over there. I would have loved to came by and splash water on TD. Props on getting out there with the family and freinds. Hope 2 cya soon bro

Always gotta keep an eye on my buddy Rooster

I have some great pictures to post up, I'll jack your thread with a bunch of them and add some TD play-by-play later this evening

Great seeing you and the family as always Binger.

TD

It's a very beautiful thing,when family and friends get together , fish and have fun. It's more beautiful when kids get excited when they catch a fish. Thanks for the report and pics.
    I just found out my son's girlfriend is having a baby. When he or she gets old enough,and they allow me, we will be at the Lagoon also having fun catching fish. My 1st. Grandchild. Cindy

Default irvine

family outing good stuff!!

cm

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    It's a very beautiful thing,when family and friends get together , fish and have fun. It's more beautiful when kids get excited when they catch a fish. Thanks for the report and pics.
    I just found out my son's girlfriend is having a baby. When he or she gets old enough,and they allow me, we will be at the Lagoon also having fun catching fish. My 1st. Grandchild. Cindy
    Is Hitts going to be a Dad!?

TD

Great job out there....you guys slayed them. The pics of your kids are priceless.

Scott, nice going sharing your tackle and bait with other familys . Your a class act !! Very nice that your boys landed two brown trout . Thanks for the pics. & report.

Default trout

GREAT REPORT AND PICS BING,,,,KIDS ON TROUT THAT IS WAY COOL,,,,t/o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast