Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fin N Feather members with boats - IMPORTANT READ

True. There have been many complaints against the lake. Including from nearby residents that the shooting from Sunday trap shooting was too noisy. God people will ***** about anything wont they! lol
    But in my mind the water district has nothing to lose letting the club use the lake. After paying the district to the use the watershed, the club then maintains and polices its members. And for a third of the year, almost nobody is there. The water district could close the club and the lake. Then they would have to run manners themselves, and take care of vandalism, security etc that comes with the job of closing off a waterbody from the general public. Or they could let the club run the lake it has for the past 60+ years and only have to deal with water utilities maitenance, while the club pulls security and upkeeps the property at member expense. Seems pretty obvious right....
    Then again the Palmdale WD has proven itself nothing but pinhead politicians since its creation, so it wouldnt be that big a surprise if they did eventually shut down the lake

All good points, the mussel issue is not the FNF or palmdale Water District its becoming and enforcement by the state. I think once the initial inspections are done thinks will subside and we'll get used to it. Other lakes that are not yet infected will be adopting this as well. And sure we need to make some adjustment like many people with nicer boats are talking about buying a little old tin can boat and just leaving it on the lake and use their big boats for the other lakes. The Fin is the little jewel of the AV and I hate to loose it.

I gave the fin a suggestion yesterday. There was discussion about buying a steam pressure washer which they indicated was about $230,000.. Not sure why so much but on to my suggestion.

They have 2000 members. Not sure how many boat the lake but if 1000 of those members donated $200, that would nearly cover the expense of the washing system needed to eliminate the need for quarantines and eliminate the threat of muscles entering the lake from a boat. I for one would donate to the cause.

A bigger issue in the long term would be the muscles entering the lake from the duct. It would seem to me as I indicated earlier that if any of the lakes in the duct chain had the muscles, every other lake down stream would have a big issue.

What a joke !! What about the duct that feeds the lake ? Zebra mussles in there to right ?
    Just another nail in the coffin for one more lake. IMO . Let the **** fly boys and girls !!

Thats what I thought too ..

Has anyone been through the boat inspection process? I'm hearing different stories on the quarantine period after you put your boat in the water and take it off the premises.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Has anyone been through the boat inspection process? I'm hearing different stories on the quarantine period after you put your boat in the water and take it off the premises.

MM

I dont think anything is chissled in granite so to speak. I spoke with them yesterday and the indicated that if the boat passed inspection (clean, dry and debris free), the quarantine would be 10 days. If not clean and dry, 30 days. They will wrap and seal the boat so it does not have to remain on the pemises. They are waiting for the legal paperwork which is being reviewed by the water districts attorneys. That should be done by weeks end at which point they will officially begin inspections. Those that have boats there already sealed, will obviously be ahead of the game.

UPDATE

I called today and the inspections are scheduled to start tomorrow..

BUT

Call beforehand because things could change at the last minute

MM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123