Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santa Fe Dam, Puddingstone, or Legg?

The pudd has both trout and some big bass. You have to go slow and low for the bass. The catfish are hitting lol

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    bass... wait till january santa fe, at least feb for pudd...
    late january bro is when the big toads eat and eat and eat. man i can't wait for the pre spawn season at the pudd im so prepared this year its not even funny.

God Bless

basscatcher

i was down at legg lake and landed a 3+lb cat wednesday afternoon...i let it live another day...if your going for bass and fun go down to any witha a drop shot and "Boboworm" im sure ull get more exitement out that worm that going for bluegills....good luck....

go to pudd.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher View Post
    late january bro is when the big toads eat and eat and eat. man i can't wait for the pre spawn season at the pudd im so prepared this year its not even funny.

God Bless

basscatcher
    I will be thier to and hope to see ya :LOL

Give peck road a try,it is a remarkable fishery after all.good luck this year fella

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    bass... wait till january santa fe, at least feb for pudd...
    If you plan to give Legg a shot for bass wait til Jan 2019. If they can eliminate all the poachers may be it will be able to recover by then from the devastated condition it is in now.

JerryG

Puddingstone in Feb.can be great for bass even though alot of folks wait till pre-spawn(march) to start targeting lmb.There isn't alot of weeds to get hung up on.Find the rock beds along the east shore and fish a 4 inch worm carolina rigged real real slow then slower than that.White or bluegill pattern colorado/leaf spinner blade combo can work at times.The key is a much slower retrieve.Purple yamamoto 2in grubs can be deadly from feb to may or even dark colored 4 inch plastic worms as the weather gets warmer....

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    Good question well spring,summer,and fall there in everyones buckets and pans and in the winter they move out deep but since legg is about a foot deep they just hit the tullies or underwater structure.
    What are tullies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12