Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redskins Crew Hit Pyramid Lake - Friday 1/2/09

Default Redskins Crew Hit Pyramid Lake - Friday 1/2/09

Hit up Pyramid with the legendary TroutOnly, my fellow Washington Redskins fan this morning. Got in line around 6:45am and the car temperature gauge reads 36 degrees... cold. We wanted to start the New Year off on a good note... with some Striper blood.

Sunny cold morning. Lake water level was at full capacity. Moderately clear water with lots of floating debris. Water temperature stayed between 52-54 degrees all day. Relatively calm all morning and became a little choppy later in the afternoon when the wind picked up. Very light boat traffic. Fished from 7:30am to 2:30pm. Note: Entrance fee and launch fee has gone up with the New Year.

My boss was being extra nice this year and gave all the employees a few days off to celebrate the New Year. So I'm going to try and fish as much as I can the next few days... yes!

While Bob was preparing the rigs at the launch ramp, I was messing around throwing a little Panther Martin and nabbed a couple of stockers in about five minutes. These freshly stocked Striper snacks were all over the ramp area.

We started out on the troll and picked up a couple of schoolies in the channel no wake zone.

Saw a few boils here and there and Bob would slow down so I could pitch a LC on the spot. The results of one of the stops was this nice & healthy Mossback. We caugh three of these today. Two on the LC and one on the troll. One Striper was also caught on the LC.

The action was very inconsistent today. We didn't meter any significant concentration of marks anywhere. The fish were hard to come by and most of the action being in the stretch of the channel. Bait balls were scarce and equally scattered. The schoolies were pretty fat & healthy, nice to see that from this lake. We continued to troll all over the lake picking off fish here and there.

On the LC pointer SP100.

The new color that we were running on one of the rigs today. Courtesy of Scott from the Castaic tackle shop. I made Bob run these today and we actually got more hits on this rig than our normal chartreuse color. More testing needed... but we may have stumbled on something new here.

All quiet at the "Bouy", no marks at all.

It was a nice day on the water. I would have liked to start the New Year off on a wide open Striper bite, but we did good.
    Total fish count was (14) Stripers (3) LMB (2) Trout.

Thanks Bob for inviting me to fish with you again... always a pleasure.
    I'll see ya in a couple of days.

I'm going to try to get out there again the next couple of days and fish like a madman to take advantage of the time off. Get out there people while the weather is nice. Happy New Year and I hope everybody achieve all of their fishing goals that they set for themselves this year.
    May your New Year be filled with Peace, Love and Happiness.

Arthur (Wingnut)

Special note: Dana, once again... I would like to extend my sincerest condolences on the passing of your Dad. Even though I have only known him for a short time... he was a wonderful man and a beautiful human being. The quote below is for you and your Mom.

"Someday, when all of the pieces finally fit together, we will know the reason for the pain..."

Extras:
    Big Bass Frank and company.

Started out flat in the morning...

Ended up choppy towards the end of the day.

Hail to the Redskins!

Pretty in Pink.

If the Skins didn't make the playoffs... the Cowboys aren't either!

Parting shot.
    #1 Skins fan! We shall rise again...

Bonus: New Year's party highlights. I'm partied out... I'm done for a while!

Ingredients for a great New Year's party:
    Plenty of alcohol! Collect keys... no one drink & drive!!!
    Designated driver for every group.

Lots of close friends & family.

Plenty of lovely ladies.

And of course... an alcohol induced Stripper.

From my home to yours, cheers everyboby... Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Wingnut; 01-11-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections.

GREAT Job in 09' WINGY and Uncle BOB!!!

Way to SLAYYYYY!!!

Tomorrow the duct is gonna pay!!!!

Wingnut

It was a good post until the Redskins/Cowboys pix..

How much are the new fees? Still under $20 for boat+vehicle?

BigBassFrank..who dat???

MM

Thanks for the report and great job on the fish!!

I wonder how long they will keep stocking Pyramid? Is there a set schedule as far as how often they will stock? Every 3 weeks? Every 4 weeks? I don't see it listed out any farther than Dec 28th as the last time it was stocked.

nice lookin fish, and party! happy holidays

looks like lots of fun!!! you and TO should come out and troll for panfish at perris on sunday Great job guys!!!

I know that you and Bob are never satisfied with anything less than a full limit of fish, but a 14 Striper day isn't bad. I know that I would be estatic. Funny to see you catch a Trout Art. Nice talking to you today while you guys were out there on the water.

I'm glad to see that you've fully recovered from the New Years party, that was quite a romp. I rarely see you drink, but you hold your liquor very well. But your face was kinda red.

btw, I won't tell anybody about the New Year gift you got after midnight.

Nice fishing report! Pyramid stripers are good biting right now....I probably will buying the pink bucktail for skinner, silverwood, or d.v.l.

I guess Steeler fans weren't invited

Next nfl team on that boat will be steeler fans !

Great read !

Damnit,

Bob tried to get me to let him troll that pink thing when we were out, I wouldnt let him, but I guess when two redskin fans get together, anything is possible.

Great job out there guys. Looked like a beautiful day.

Binger!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast