Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Personal Best sheephead (29 lbs)

Hi All,

When I think about it ... I'd have no problem with the DFG requiring divers to swim to and back from Catalina or Clememte with their fishys !! J / K

JapanRon

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Nice reply Flopps......i totally agree with that.....conservation....PLEASE.....

GD
    Thanks, GD! Glad to see that someone that gets it.

Awesome JOB!!!Nice kill of the goaties!

Hope you Eat those Suckas Well!!!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Nice fish man......take it easy on the larger calicos, if you dont mind....you had 100 lbs of sheephead to eat.....peace
    Sound good, but unfortunatley he was already in the bag by the time I spotted the two sheepheads! I thought it was going to be the prize fish for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by kanco View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Sound good, but unfortunatley he was already in the bag by the time I spotted the two sheepheads! I thought it was going to be the prize fish for the day.
    Quite honestly I have seen hundreds of Calicos at the wall, thousands at PV and hundreds of thousands at Catalina. I have always C&R all calicos and have not eaten one in forever. However, if you eat what you kill it's all good. Besides it was one so big F'n deal! Hell if Kanco was really a jackass he could kill over a hundred checkers on one tank if he wanted to but he didn't but shot one for dinner.

Man if you guys see the fish market in Ensenada you guys would have a heart attack for sure after seeing all that bass on ice!

Keep up the great work man and good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    Quite honestly I have seen hundreds of Calicos at the wall, thousands at PV and hundreds of thousands at Catalina. I have always C&R all calicos and have not eaten one in forever. However, if you eat what you kill it's all good. Besides it was one so big F'n deal! Hell if Kanco was really a jackass he could kill over a hundred checkers on one tank if he wanted to but he didn't but shot one for dinner.

Man if you guys see the fish market in Ensenada you guys would have a heart attack for sure after seeing all that bass on ice!

Keep up the great work man and good hunting!
    hundreds of thousands huh.....thats alot of bass man....

and i really am not as concerened about the fish down south as i am up here....no one has ripped on the guy, we were just suggesting the releasing of the larger fish...thats all....

posts like that totally give people a false sense of security that the calico bass population is at an all time high, and to kill kill kill...which it isnt...especially at the islands....

anyways, "have a good day" (for hak)...peace

GD

Really nice.........They look very good to eat too........Harvesting a few to fill your belly is alwaays a good thing. Conservation is great, but so is selective harvesting.......congrats on the great bags........OFG

Quote Originally Posted by flopps1 View Post
    Thanks, GD! Glad to see that someone that gets it.
    yeah, i get it....i am so tired of people arguing about this.....I do not need scintific studies, surveys, people saying that they see billions of bass.....i have fished Calicos since i was 12, time on the water and going by how fishing used to be is all the proof I need......peace

GD

**yawns**

good job on the catch!

kanco,

Looks like a good hunting trip!!! What size gun is that and is that tank an 80 or 100?

One great thing about diving is that you can select what you want to harvest, for obvious
    reasons. It is rare that my dive buddies and I take more than a couple of Calico's per trip.
    But, I've been on cattle boats where fishermen were encouraged to take their limits so the
    fish counts can look good. After all, everyone looks at the fish counts to select what boat
    to fish off of.

When I was younger, I killed everything in sight. Now, sometimes I wish I had the money
    to invest in good underwater camer/video gear. Getting close to fish on a breath hold to
    take a picture is harder than spearing one.

It really is up to the individual to practice some common sense. Take what you want but
    want what you take and let some swim away for the next time.

SamFisher

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast