Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 1/2/09

Default Dvl 1/2/09

A lot of people today in line. From the gate all the way around to the middle of the museum. Didn't matter, I got there at 5:15 and was 8th. I wish they would open alittle sooner. There's like 1/2 hour of gray light lost. I went west this time. Hit every cove along the way to the west damn. picked off a few cookie cutter bass 2-3lb. Saw some of the white tall birds in a small cove staring in the water. So I throw a shad FT and am on in a couple cranks. It wasn't no striper, but the heavest bass I've caught to date. I made it go thru the shame of posing for pics before letting it go.
    That was it for the fish. It was a long windy paddle back to the docks. Worked my way back working the coves again.

-Tim-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVL4.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	9491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVL3.JPG 
Views:	377 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	9492  

Hey, way to go on the football!!!

When it was windy, did you work hard on the paddle? Sound like you are working out your arm, biceps, and muscle, LOL.

BTW, nice lmb!

Nice job!

I looped way around you as I was heading in towards the Saddle Dam at around 10:00ish. I was the dumb loner on the Pontoon.

The weather really picked up in the afternoon. I was wondering about that Dude in the green Kayak, thinking to myself "Man, that's got to be a hell of a tough ride if he's still out there".

You're a brave soul to paddle that far out.

Tight lines to you.

Righton. Yeah it got alittle windy. Not too bad tho as it was blowing N/E, allowing me to work the shore line without paddling. Actually I had surgery on both shoulders and I started doing this to work them out.
    My highlight of the day was that pig was my first fish on a rod I wrapped and fitted with my Christmas reel, Revo Inshore. Usually my luck would be bluegill for the first year before breaking it in with a quality fish.

Little Piggies are out to play at DVL. Congrats on the PB

Nice job out there. Man, every time you post a report makes me wish I could join ya. Someday. I didn't realize the venture into yaking would be so pricey. But well worth it... I hope . I'm thinking of going with the Old Town Vapor 12. For a paddle, I had no clue that there are so many out there, but I think for starters I'm gonna go with the Bending Branches Slice Plus. Just a few questions for you though? Where/how do you have your transducer mounted? Do you have it in the hull like other's I've seen or do you have it mounted on the outside?

Bassman, hope to see you out there. The transducer is mounted inside behind the seat right in the keel. Clean the spot you choose with alcohol. I roughed the bottom of the ducer with 1200 grit sandpaper just alittle. Use marine Goop. Squeeze a constant amount on the ducer. Like the size of a chapstick stick. Make sure there no bubbles in it. Press it in the spot chosen, all the while making sure there's no bubbles. Hold in place with a strip of duct tape until morning.

I found my fish finder picks up the rising bubbles in the lake as fish. I just use it for structure and depth reference.

One other thing. Call DVL and see if their still inspecting and stickering. Mine was stickered three years ago.
    Last edited by Kareem Korn; 01-03-2009 at 09:47 PM.