Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: father of the year candidates and a short report

Default loser dad

FisherBrat and I were on the south shore NY Eve and were amazed at one dad. He was fishing by himself for about an hour when his 2 kids (about 5 and 6) figured out how to get out of their car seats, escaped from his car, and ran around the shore. He wanted nothing to do with them and he fished in relative peace from the boat launch area most of the morning. He had the honey hole and was reeling in fish after fish; he only engaged them by yelling at them whenever they came up to him for attention.

We were fishing next to two other groups of guys with young sons who were having fun with their boys. So naturally, those two kids spent more time around our areas, where the adults were warm and giving attention to the kids.

FisherBrat and I tried to be friendly but we had four rods out and FB was on fire; I had my hands full baiting, netting, and stringing. I love kids but fishing time with FB is precious to me (and it was WFO!). It was just him and me today, and I wasn't there to babysit some stranger's kids.

At one point, FB had to beach a fish when I dumped the net to chase the little girl because she was running around the shore with a (worm blower) syringe. She also had a treble hook caught on her pant leg with lines dragging behind her. The little boy got bored and cast one of dad's rods over all our lines and 3 others. FB and I were totally ok with it but dad went off. Of course, he kept on fishing, while FB, our neighbors, and I untangled the boy's lines from ours.

Yeah, I really dont get it at all.
    Last edited by dirty girl; 01-04-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnGleR View Post
    I would have had a great time with my son but unfortunately the FNN'ers were hogging Trout Island and some fat guy sitting in his truck bed was yelling at me to "Stay outside the yellow bouy's"

Anyway, next time I'm going inside the yellow bouy's and there's nothing your going to do about it.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what positive and insightful content AnGleR can add to FNN with Post #3!

I am not sure there should be an L in his name.

I guess it takes all kinds to make a village.
    Last edited by BingJr; 01-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnGleR View Post
    I would have had a great time with my son but unfortunately the FNN'ers were hogging Trout Island and some fat guy sitting in his truck bed was yelling at me to "Stay outside the yellow bouy's"

Anyway, next time I'm going inside the yellow bouy's and there's nothing your going to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post

Does that man sounds familiar to you Patrick ?! Cindy

Wow, you know somethings not right in the noggin when the Reply is "Would Have" instead of making a better day of a bad experience. And "Next Time I'm Going..... Nothing Your Going to do About It" is the attitude of the day.

My thoughts are that this guy needs Angler Management !!

..Tight Lines, Sweet Spots & Keepin It Reel
    Dan The Man
    Last edited by Dan_the_Man; 01-05-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123