Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resolutions

Default Resolutions

Anyone make any interesting resolutions for the new year? My resolution is to not make any resolutions. And it's a bad year to stop sniffing glue......

Japo

GO CHARGERS!

To be grateful for every good thing that I am able to enjoy in my life.

My resolution is to catch a 35lb LMB....I know, I know, it won't happen...but no one ever follows through on a New Years Resolution anyway!

I stopped making resolutions I could never keep.......No resolution, but I plan on fishing more, especially salt, making much more time for myself as the girls move on with adulthood....A very Happy New year to all of us....OFG

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    To be grateful for every good thing that I am able to enjoy in my life.
    OL,

You are always on your game, that's what we really like about you!

Japo

Well said One_Leg.

Last year I kept all my resolutions except for one. That was to catch a DD trout. While I did come close with an 8#, I can only take credit for netting Grandpa's 12# that got him in the Irvine Master's Tournament.

Some of the other fishing resolutions I made were to make it up to the Sierra more often and to fish at least one new lake and to catch one new species for me. I was fortunate enough to have fished the Northern Sierra three times this year as far North as Plumas County, went to Parchers for the first time (twice this year) and fished at least 5 new lakes. I fished PVR for the first time this year (4 seperate times) and went on my first back country pack trip. I even managed to fish Central Florida. I caught my first halibut just shy of being legal and I made lots of new friends while fishing.

This year I resolve to catch that elusive DD Trout. I haven't had time to make a full list of my resolutions yet (I prefer to call them goals). I always write them out and sometimes they change but that is my road map to see where I have been, how close I am to getting where I want to be and what I need to change to get where I'm going.

I concur with Grannyfish - I set goals.

This year:

1. Learn how to use a filet knife correctly

2. Catch a DD trout

3. Fish salt

4. Be happy

Mine is very simple... Catch a DD trout and fish the Vine more often. This is what I love is fishing Cindy

I would have to say my new year resolution would be to catch more
    fish than last year and to eat a lot more fish and veggies.... also exercise more.....

And of course catch a "two digit banger".....
    Last edited by CASTAWAY; 01-03-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Lose 70-130lbs, catch a dd trout, find a roomate for my spare room, do lots more fishing, catch a brown trout :D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast