Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law went into effect....

Default New Law went into effect....

Today. No Text Messaging While Driving. I wonder why it took so long ? You would think they would of passed this law before the No Talking On Your Cell Phone While Driving Law.

Do people really text while driving these days? It's common sence to me that if you don't want to get into a accident, don't be texting while driving. Just my thoughts before I go to bed. Good Night FNN. Happy New Year. May your Stringers always have a limit.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 01-01-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Im guilty of driving and texting at the same time.

I text while I drive, I do it all the time. "It's my right as a god fearing American..."

(I've also eaten an entire order of chicken curry while driving with my knees, but that's neither here nor there.)

My question is, why don't they ban everything but looking at the road while driving? So, the lady that puts up make up in the fast lane while driving with her knees is legal, but I can't send a text message? The guy reading and circling down his horses in the Racing Form can do so legally but I can't send a text? Fun times.

Second question is, how are agencies going to enforce the law? I know when I'm texting, I hold the device near my near my lap, completely out of sight from any motorist, and i look down once in a while (concealed by mirrored lenses on my glasses) to make sure I'm hitting the right keys and not typing gibberish. Same thing when I'm browsing the web on my phone. Is that to say that whenever any motorist is looking down, they're gonna get pulled over for texting while driving? Good luck trying to enforce the assumption that somebody is texting because they're looking down at their lap.

I don't know anybody but my mother who holds the phone in front of her face while writing a text message. I know when most people text while driving, they do so with their phone out of sight.

Good thing my phone will be hidden while I continue to text. Just remember, if they can't see the phone, they really can't give you a ticket.

Cool its a good thing I do a lot of emailing and Instant Messaging while driving. Totally different thing

What they really should BAN is my wife talking to me while im driving!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassFreak View Post
    What they really should BAN is my wife talking to me while im driving!!

dang homie, you and your girl just have an argument or something

No sir office I wasn't texting, I was just dialing.

have you ever rode behind the idiots trying to drive talk and or text while driving? Scarrry stuff since ya'll think you can multitask......You folks are all over the road. No wonder so many accidents happen. When I drive, I drive, I don't put on makeup, read the race forms or any of the things you folks said u do. Even eating while driving is a big cause of accidents. And, we all know, men can't multi task even though they think they can. Happy New Year everyone. Geeez a common sense law. What is this world coming to?

Thats ok as long as i can still rig up my fishing stuff while driving i am fine.I do start to go out of my lane when i tie mono to spectra.

Bigred

Default distracted drivers

I hope you never have look up in time!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast