Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trout worms and bbz?

Default trout worms and bbz?

hey i just went to richards tackle shop and got a bunch of stuff and want to ask is this a good way to rig a lip ripperz trout worm? and for a bbz-1 floater what pound test should i use? thanks and sorry about the blurry pic

Last edited by lilmystery246; 01-02-2009 at 12:12 PM.

I think you had to much New Years Eve Tequila to night young man! That pictuer is so blurred. Just kidding have a great New Year.

Use 20lb or 25lb for the BBZ. That rigging works well at times for trout. If you check out the lip ripperz website you can find other ways to rig it too.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I think you had to much New Years Eve Tequila to night young man! That pictuer is so blurred. Just kidding have a great New Year.
    lol thanks you too =]

did you buy the BBZ??? Because you need a setup capable of throwing 15+ pound test.

Default Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Use 20lb or 25lb for the BBZ. That rigging works well at times for trout. If you check out the lip ripperz website you can find other ways to rig it too.
    Just wondering why such heavy test line for trout on that bait? Still learning it's like fishin for tuna or somethig. Thanks if you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Just wondering why such heavy test line for trout on that bait? Still learning it's like fishin for tuna or somethig. Thanks if you can help.
    He said, use 20-30 for the BBZ (A bass bait) But he also said that the jig head was a good rigging for trout.

you're going to need a different setup for the BBZ... something a bit heavier. Ohh and Pudd fisher, the BBZ isn't a trout bait, it's a big bass bait....

I only buy smaller swimbaits so i don't have to buy a new setup, the tru tungsten 4' is a good one. my rod can actually throw the BBZ shad but it might put too much stress on it

For ease of use, drop shot or carolina rig the lip ripperz, 25-30lb test or 50-70 braid for the BBZ with a 7ft + H or XH rod. Waking the BBZ is easy, especially if you have a nice high gear ratio reel. Lip Ripperz 4lb max line with either the drop shot or carolina/splitshot rig.

Thanks for setting me straight I appreciate that. Good luck in the new year to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast