Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trout worms and bbz?

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    says the pro... when we hitting up pudd? i'm free tomorrow
    dude im hitting up guasti im sorry but I might be thier sunday afternoon. the bite has been dead at the pudd like dead i was thier yesterday and was thier for 3 hours and got nothing so im hitting up the guasti. if you want some trout come hit up guasti tomorrow.

God Bless

basscatcher

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher View Post
    dude im hitting up guasti im sorry but I might be thier sunday afternoon. the bite has been dead at the pudd like dead i was thier yesterday and was thier for 3 hours and got nothing so im hitting up the guasti. if you want some trout come hit up guasti tomorrow.

God Bless

basscatcher
    i'll think about it. i was in the area today at basspro to return my broken rod... i'm thinking guasti for trout action since it's been a while or el dorado for some bass (if i can manage)

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    You do understand that the BBZ is for BASS, not TROUT, right?
    of course im not retarded man

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    of course im not retarded man
    But, you do know that you need at least a 20lb line setup to toss is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    But, you do know that you need at least a 20lb line setup to toss is, right?
    yes im going to by 1

Buy a quality swimbait setup! Trying to skimp will only cause you frustration and anger later on (an on nice fish). I started using some Cabela's baitcaster and destroyed it in 2 months. There went $50... so I got Calcutta 400. Spend the $ on a Cardiff 400 (step down from the Calcutta but still good) and an Okuma 7'11H swimbait rod. It'll be a much more pleasant experience. That is about as cheap as you can go price wise (about $200) while maintaining decent quality.

Try putting some cheeze on them thar hooks on the bbz lure. And then put a bobber on the 100lb test line and then go to balboa park and then catch some trout and then go home and then eat the fish and then ,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............. uh uh uh yea...

you're gonna spend a lot of money for a swimmy setup bro. xh or xxh rod about 7'6 (transportation is going to be an issue, tiny cars can't bring it) can't use a regular spinning reel or even a low profile baitcaster, but some can like the curado 300. then heavy line sometimes braid with topshot or whatever.

rod minimum: $150
    reel minimum: $120

these are MINIMUMS for decent setups... and you never want to go minimum, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for

Drop shot that worm!

Trout love it, and the bass and bluegill will hit it once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Buy a quality swimbait setup! Trying to skimp will only cause you frustration and anger later on (an on nice fish). I started using some Cabela's baitcaster and destroyed it in 2 months. There went $50... so I got Calcutta 400. Spend the $ on a Cardiff 400 (step down from the Calcutta but still good) and an Okuma 7'11H swimbait rod. It'll be a much more pleasant experience. That is about as cheap as you can go price wise (about $200) while maintaining decent quality.

Well it is good to see that the Okuma and the Cardiff are recommended. I was gonna go out and buy the two today because I want to start using the swimbaits.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123