Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Eve fun!!!!!!!!!

Way to go everybody, especially Garrett and Chrissy.

Default makin' it happen

The last day of 2008. I knew it was gonna be a different day.

While i was packing up the rest of the gear at 5:15am, blearly-eyed FisherBrat came shuffling out asking when I was gonna be ready to head out to the Vine. Now that never happens. So instead of spending 20 minutes prying his warm butt out of bed, we were off on our 15 minute ride to the Vine by 5:45.

We headed to the south shore and set up near the boat launch. FisherBrat had a fish on his powerbait treble within 10minutes~ now that never happens. Before I could grab the gaff, he had pulled it in...

Mitts the Magic Man said he had never seen such a beast at the Vine. Now that never happens. It's a Silver Side.

We lined up our four poles with a variety of appetizing choices and colors: nightcrawler/power eggs, powerworm/power eggs, nymphos/power eggs, plain old powerbait. Some we rigged up with the sliding sinker, some we drop shotted. Whatever FisherBrat cast out there, he got hit. Now that never happens.

By 11 am, he had pulled in 10 fish (farming only a couple)~ both our limits.

Now that never happens!

He was even too busy to notice the chicks.

Now that never happens!

FisherBrat did take some time to be a Team 57 ambassador. Our stunned neighbors on both sides were not as lucky. We showed them how we set up their lines and shared some of our gear. When his rod hit with his 10th fish, he yelled over to a 5yr old kid Richard who was fishing next to us. He set the hook and when he handed the pole to Richard, his other rod hit. He and Richard pulled both fish in together! Now that never happens!

It was a great way to close out 2008 and we look forward to many dirty days at the Vine in 2009.

Makin' it happen,
    Dirty Girl and FisherBrat

Last edited by dirty girl; 01-01-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Good job DG. Always nice to put smiles on the younin's faces.....

Congrats to all on your final 2008 catches of the year.

Default so whats the price of admission

Irvine lake is now $22 entrance? Did the kid's price go up as well?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12