Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kid's Lagoon 12-30-08

Quote Originally Posted by shh777 View Post
    I went fishing today with my three year old son. I prepared the night before and my son was as giddy as can be. He got his backpack and toy fishing pole and set them up with my gear. I wasn't expecting much since I was planning on fishing the lagoon - I was planning on a slow day, and brought a couple of toys so he can play in the dirt.

We got to the lake at 8AM and had our poles in the water by 8:20. I was fishing 2lb test with Powerbait on one pole and an inflated nightcrawler on the other. I decided to set up my son's pole and have him practice casting, since there was no way he would catch anything on his TOY pole.

20 minutes later his pole's drag is singing and we pick up our first fish. I then cast in the same spot and no more than 5 minutes we have another. I cast in the same spot and get another in about two minutes. This goes on for the next hour to hour and thirty minutes and we get both our limits. We catch seven trout on his toy pole and three on mine. By 10:00-10:30 we are done and pack up.

My son had a hoot fishing at the lagoon....

FYI: The water was murky and the water level seemed decent, however I have never fished the lagoon before just the main lake. We caught everything on Powerbait, but I did get a strong bite on the worm. We fished on the creek side of the lake. We saw several families hook up on fish on our side, probably a total of 8-10 caught. All our fish were in the 1lb range with a couple of dinks thrown in the mix.
    you have a toy pole too? im just messing good job out thier slaying the trout.

God BLess

basscatcher
    Last edited by basscatcher; 01-01-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12