Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: worst day of my life!

Default worst day of my life!

fishing el dorado for the first time... one of my rods breaks while casting (YEP WHILE CASTING) then as i set the rod down, my daiwa tierra baitcaster breaks!!! I go to Daiwa to see that no one is there... so i just called tacklewarehouse about the reel since thats where I got it, they'll give me a return label and will let me change for another reel, i pay the difference.

here's there report part so it qualifies for this board.

Off to Bass Pro Friday morning to replace the rod, it was their brand. anyone want to meet up?

That sucks man! sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll end up with a better rig and slay em next time!!

What model of Bass Pro Shops rod was it? Some of their rods look pretty tempting, but because they are made overseas and probably use cheap materials, I don't buy their rods. Possibly your rod had a nick or hairline crack in it? I do have a Shimano "Karate Stik" 5'-6" Graphite bass spinning rod that I bought new in way back in 1980 that I still use and just love it, and it was made in Japan....go figure.

Older Bionic Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    fishing el dorado for the first time... one of my rods breaks while casting (YEP WHILE CASTING) then as i set the rod down, my daiwa tierra baitcaster breaks!!! I go to Daiwa to see that no one is there... so i just called tacklewarehouse about the reel since thats where I got it, they'll give me a return label and will let me change for another reel, i pay the difference.

here's there report part so it qualifies for this board.

Off to Bass Pro Friday morning to replace the rod, it was their brand. anyone want to meet up?
    DUDE you werent kidding about having a bad day, sux about yur gear. am sure that on yur next time out with yur new gear the trout wont stand a chance.

At least you weren't hooked-up to the biggest fish ever. still sucks though.

Sorry about your gear breaking but you'll get em next time! Rod tips up and tight lines.

Sav-On tackle repairs Daiwa reels. Was it still under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    Sav-On tackle repairs Daiwa reels. Was it still under warranty?
    it's barely two months old... i'd rather go with shimano anyways so hopefully Tacklewarehouse can exchange it. Although the Tierra was a great reel, I really didn't like the shape of it.

S..t happens somtimes indeed, whether it be fishing or just basic life. Good times are looking at you injoy them. But that still sucks sorry to hear that, maybe you should drink a few beers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast