Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The new guy

Default The new guy

whats up everyone im the new guy Tony i been reading your reports for a while but never joined until now i was to lazy to write well i went to legg today with just my trout supplies and caught nothing i walked the whole middle lake tossing everything and didnt catch anything it was a bad day for me i couldnt even catch a fish today if i a had someone throw it at me, oh well so i decided to call it a day and on the way to my car i decided to toss my lure on the north lake one last time to see if i can get the smell of skunk off me and nothing as i was walking i saw 2 big fish on the shore dying at first i thought it was a tilapia but i was like no not at legg so i picked one up and it looked like a oscar maybe someone dumped them in there then my girlfriend was like "leave it alone cochino" so i did that was pretty much the only fish action i got
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	9397  
    Last edited by TonyLisa; 12-29-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Welcome to FNN!
    Sorry to hear about the skunk, but you came to the right place. We all know how that can be around here.

Keep it up and better luck next trip!

Welcome to FNN TonyLisa....any relation to Mona?

Looking forward to your future reports....

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-29-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Welcome. If you like,sign up for our "BIG TROUT GALA/POTLUCK" coming up January,17 at the Vine. We will be happy to have you. Sorry about the .
    You'll get them next time. Cindy

What you've got there in your hand is a Giant Gourami. A tropical fish originating from southeast Asia that are sold here as pets. A cool fish. Was it dead?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    What you've got there in your hand is a Giant Gourami. A tropical fish originating from southeast Asia that are sold here as pets. A cool fish. Was it dead?
    Exactly what Fishmounter said you have giant gourami. I did see one swimming in North lake 2 summers ago. Hmmm wonder if there is a spawning population? These fishes need warm water or at least a deep lake to survive in or else it's ends meat for those guys. Cool report man, welcome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLisa View Post
    then my girlfriend was like "leave it alone cochino" so i did
    Girlfriends never understand a man's fascination with poking at dead/dying things with a stick.

Welcome to FNN! Better luck next time.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME