Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shimano Crucial vs. Carrot Stix Rods

Default Shimano Crucial vs. Carrot Stix Rods

Now that I want to buy a new spinning rod badly, I'm having trouble deciding between a Shimano Crucial and Carrot Stix rods. Both are near the same price and had great reviews. I need to know what is everyone's opinion on the two. Thanks.

I'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!Thats a hard decision....i have a MH crucial and it is super lightweight and sensitive...

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    I'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!Thats a hard decision....i have a MH crucial and it is super lightweight and sensitive...
    Doesn't the Carrot Stix have a lifetime warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude View Post
    Now that I want to buy a new spinning rod badly, I'm having trouble deciding between a Shimano Crucial and Carrot Stix rods. Both are near the same price and had great reviews. I need to know what is everyone's opinion on the two. Thanks.
    I had exactly the same two rods in mind...also at BPS, there was another rod with split grip, 6' 6", and about $90. I thought it was an ounce or two heavier than the Crucial or Carrot, so I went with the carrot stick. I am very happy so far.

1. Buy the cruial first, fish the hell out of it till it breaks on you send it in to shimano and get a new one. sell it then get the karrot stick.

2. Buy the crucial used, keep it or fish the hell out of it until it breaks, send it in to shimano and get a new. and also buy the orange stick.

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude View Post
    Doesn't the Carrot Stix have a lifetime warranty?
    yeah,i thought it had a 5 year warranty...it has a lifetime warranty...

I'm still happy with my crucial,but i like the carrot too...

Quote Originally Posted by lightline View Post
    1. Buy the cruial first, fish the hell out of it till it breaks on you send it in to shimano and get a new one. Sell it then get the karrot stick.

2. Buy the crucial used, keep it or fish the hell out of it until it breaks, send it in to shimano and get a new. And also buy the orange stick.
    lol!!!!!!!!

But another question regarding both poles is that is the Carrot Stix sensitivity good over 30ft. deep? I plan to fish DVL. That is one deep lake.

Hey bro. I just got a crucial dropshot rod. That is one sensitive stick. It also has a sinker attachment at the bottom of the rod to hold your sinker. I thought that was pretty slick. Not sure if all drop shot rods have that though since this is my first dropshot rod but the rod feels good. Go with the crucial....

Quote Originally Posted by geordybass View Post
    i'd pick the carrot stix but the shimano has a better warranty!
    geordy bass is right. I have both a carrot stix and a crucial but i like my carrot stix just a little more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast