Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and an AV Aqueduct slow report!

Default Introduction and an AV Aqueduct slow report!

Hello everybody, my name is Frank and am I guess new to the boards.I have been reading the posts quite often and for a while now and have always wanted my first post to be a good one with pics and all the jazz...But as I'm learning more and more about the people on this site that some dont take to kindly to people who just take the info and give none back or post..I know there is a term for this,but it slipped my mind. Please forgive me and mean no disrespect to any of you, I have run into a couple people who were'nt to friendly and I thought of all things, fishing was a "friendly" activity, but you learn as you go I guess..
    Anyways I have been fishing AV for about a year and a half and havent caught crap in 9 months or so..its so depressing!! Ive seen chasers but no takers.. I try to fish 2-3 days a week if i'm lucky. I went up this morning and hit a couple spots and saw some of the biggest bait fish I have ever seen. Probably 75-200 4-7 inches long and 3-4inches high huddulled in a corner of a closed gate.. It was amazing to see them like that..Fished for a while,threw chrome rattle trap and Rapala deep divers, and nothing. Planning on going up tonight to see if the gates open up..I will let you all know what happens. Thank you for your help and you know who you are, and for the two of you that I ran into that were probably having a bad day, cheer up its ok. Thanks for reading and sorry for the length. Hopefully next post will be with pics..

Welcome Aboard!!!

Hope you like Fishing Network, here are some striper folks. You get benefit some information from striper folks' report and discussion about tactic fishing for striper.

I will looking forward to seeing your fishing report. God bless.
    Last edited by RamboBoy; 12-29-2008 at 08:42 PM.

Welcome to the board....looking forward to the report where you get the fish that has eluded you thus far. Good luck out there!

TD

Welcome and you will eventually get them. The chrome trap has been good to me out there. The shad and minnows have been abundant this year. They fattened up the stripers.

Default Welcome!

I like your attitude.
    Welcome to FNN and good luck out there.

Welcome. =]

Seems like you have our addiction also. haha

IT,S COOOOOOOOOLLL BRO!!!!!,,,That 1st stripe is coming soon im sure,,,,,,just remember ,,if you found the baitfish then the wolfpacks<stripers> are somewhere near by!!
    and i dig you avatar

It's all goooood Bro, there are some hella cool people on here, and then there are some who are only happy when they are into the fish. Either way man, you can't catch em from your sofa, so it's great your out there hittin it.

Feel free to P.M. me, and I'll do my best to share helpful info, and if I can't, then I know a few others who can!

Best of luck in the new year!

Welcome to the boards. Since you fish the AV have you tried Pyramid Lake? I was coming home from a hunting trip last on Saturday and looked down into the channel by the launch ramp and during the 15 seconds of driving by I saw two fish being brought in (from the freeway they looked like they could be decent sized schoolies -- at least 24 inches by the splashing) but I don't know if they were stripers, catfish, bass or active panfish just splashing a lot. It looked a little crowded (it usually is there) but the odds of getting at least something is usually better than the aqueduct at this time of the year.

Just a suggestion. Tight lines,
    --Ed

Welcome,you will meet alot of nice and helpful people on fnn,just keep up the good attitude and keep trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast