Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Phoebe spinning spoon

Default Phoebe spinning spoon

Well this is a new one for me. A spoon that was actually meant to spin! I like it!

I did not realize that at first when I bought the lure thinking I could use it to spoon some bass, until I got the lure wet today and wondered why the heck it would only spin instead of swim. Then I got to reading the packaging..

So my question is, to those of you who have used it, how did you rig your Phoebe? It came with no split ring or swivel. I'd now assume this lure could be great for trolling but obviously a swivel is going to be needed. Any input would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    I'd now assume this lure could be great for trolling but obviously a swivel is going to be needed. Any input would be appreciated.

Use a wire frame rudder and a 3 to 4 foot leader.

Or maybe:

A place it behind a lake troll with, or without, a weight on the rudder to get it down a lil deeper if needed.

Either way, it is prolly gonna really twist up your line. Make sure to use a quality ball bearing swivel that you keep clean and oiled between uses.

You mean I'll have to pay more for the swivel than I do for the spoon and it will still twist my line? Dang, another amazing spoon! Too bad, it does look pretty good down there.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 12-29-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Hey TJ,

I caught a trout trolling a silver Phoebe a while back. I was using a size 12 snap swivel w/ it.

johnsfishing