Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carp tips????

Default Carp tips????

Has anyone lately been catching any carp anywhere and on what. Any extra info. will help as well. Also planning to take my little bro. to tri-city tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows any good spots there for carp (taking a break from trout).

corn works well, some people thinks its illegal to use but a dfg ranger approched me to check my license and seen the corn I was using and didnt say anything about it.

ive never been to tri city so i cant give you any specific tips, but if you have any questions on carp fishing they can be answered by reading this article http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=16013

Not sure about the carp at TriCity but I know theres tons of carp at Yorba Regional, just a couple miles away from Tri. Corn is legal just cant chum with it. Try corn or corn dough balls.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHSTIX View Post
    corn works well, some people thinks its illegal to use but a dfg ranger approched me to check my license and seen the corn I was using and didnt say anything about it.
    Right. Using Corn on a hook is legal. Chumming corn is illegal.

edit: just realized I repeated what man-yo! just mentioned.
    Last edited by kozaki; 12-28-2008 at 11:31 PM.

where is yorba from tri-city?

Default Take a tip from me people.....

Go to Big Bear lake and catch as many as you can then bury them under your rose bushes.

Yorba is on La Palma and Imperial Hwy. The park runs along the 91 fwy.