Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A beautiful Sunday @ DVL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    give or take a FEW POUNDS...
    wow.... I guess I better buy a scale. I based the weight off how heavy my Gibson Les Paul is. my Les Paul is 9.0 pounds and this fish felt a bit heavier. now, this isn't exactly a "scientific" means of weighing something, but I have played that LP so long that that weight is pretty ingrained in my sunconscious.... or maybe I'm just wishful thinking. perhaps a recension is in order.... let's see if this is better.

"I have posted a pic of my fish of the day. this beauty weighed in around the same weight as a 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a Honeyburt finish."

I have included a picture of the Les Paul in question for verification purposes...

that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! tight lines to you all!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shad 21 gunz.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	9392  

You didn't mention what type of pick ups and strings, flatwound or roundwound. That could make a big difference in weight guesstimations, LOL.

Really Nice Fish you got there!

Default No Need To Explain

Don't trip, I have seen you guys out there lately, who cares what the others say. You know what's going on at DVL. Besides, some of these members are just yankin your chain.

:) :) :) :)

How many chords do you know? I hope it is more than 10.

Nice looking fish, despite its less than 10 lb. appearance.

7 lbs. 11 oz. would be my guess.

That is a monster fish for some people. You are deserve to be proud of catching that beauty.

Guides take people fishing there all the time and catch fish only half that size.

Quote Originally Posted by snag View Post
    You didn't mention what type of pick ups and strings, flatwound or roundwound. That could make a big difference in weight guesstimations, LOL.

Really Nice Fish you got there!
    it has the original 490R in the neck position, and a 498T in the bridge... the strings are D'addario XL110 10-46's which of coarse are roundwound. I have made no modifications to it and I can't think of any way it could have lost weight....

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    How many chords do you know? I hope it is more than 10.

Nice looking fish, despite its less than 10 lb. appearance.

7 lbs. 11 oz. would be my guess.

That is a monster fish for some people. You are deserve to be proud of catching that beauty.

Guides take people fishing there all the time and catch fish only half that size.
    nope, I know G, C and D....... are you saying there are more????? I've heard of these chords called "minor" chords, but I thought those were just some obscure "Jazz" chords. guess I better get the Mel Bay books back out...

Ok, so I caught a "big bass" on Sunday.... "big bass" is pretty vague and based solely on opinion. and my opinion is that my bass is bigger than YOUR bass!
    Last edited by striper_hunter; 12-29-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Great fish, nice attitude dispite all the stabs :) Sounds like a fun day!

nice dude! im always there tossin big baits! maybe i should start tossin t rigs hahah! nice fish bro! its a monster

In this world of liars (aka the FNN message boards), if it ain't on a digital, then everyone will call bs regardless of what you, the guy who actually caught the fish, thinks it is.

In the end...who give a flying F??? If you say it was close to 10 then so be it. Don't waste your thoughts on the insane amount of bitches that shoot everyone down on these boards because I'm sure that a lot of them are experts and have caught enough 10 lbs. bass in each of their lifetimes to render an expert decision on your fish.

The fish looks great, I'm sure the fight was great and I congratulate you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast