Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A beautiful Sunday @ DVL!!!

Default A beautiful Sunday @ DVL!!!

got out for another awesome day of fishing at DVL today and conditions couldn't have been better. temps in the mid 60's, almost no wind and completely glassy water from shore to shore. the morning started off strong in the north corner of the east dam. lots of boiling fish and plenty of hook-ups on Rat-L-Traps and little georges. mostly largemouth's, but we did manage one 5 pound Striper. early afternoon at the East Dam quarry produced some more nice largemouths in the 3 to 5 pound range. I have included a pic of the fish of the day. this beauty was right at 10 pounds and was a hard fighter! he sucked up a 4 1/2" Aarons magic 2 Robo Worm on a Texas rig. saw lots of others connecting with quality fish as well. we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day out on the jewel!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunday bass 002.jpg 
Views:	773 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	9375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunday bass 001.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	9376  

Nice! Is that your PB?

Default heating up!

Awesome. I'm heading out with my Dad Wednesday on a rental. Looking for our first striper and our first DD LMB. Thanks for the nice report - great job!

10..? Hmmmm....

wow! awsome day! congrats! were they boilin close to shore? did you see any shad?

yes, that is my biggest Bass so far.... DVL hold much bigger, but I'm really proud of that one.

there were a ton of shad all around the north cove by the east dam. I was tossing a fluke with no luck, but some guys from shore did produce a couple stripers on flukes. honestly, we had the best luck with Rat-L-Traps... silver with a black back. seemed to do the trick.
    Last edited by striper_hunter; 12-28-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richaaron View Post
    10..? Hmmmm....
    I was careful to cover myself buy saying "right at 10 pounds.." give or take a few ounces...

are you kidding me do you weigh 300 and 7ft tall... Nice fish...

Quote Originally Posted by striper_hunter View Post
    I was careful to cover myself buy saying "right at 10 pounds.." give or take a few ounces...
    give or take a FEW POUNDS...

Big ole bass! For most it would be a PB.

And as usual the peanut gallery adds there 2 cents. Does it really help you guys to question others reports?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast