Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bass in the aquaducts, where is it?

Default bass in the aquaducts, where is it?

what kind of fish are in the aquaducts? are there smallmouths or largemouths as well as strippers? where are the aquaducts? thanks, i would like to give that place a try.

Stripers seem to be the number 1 pursuit in the aquaduct. Personally, I have caught stripers, LMB, though very few and far in between (I'm talking years) but still good sized and some monster carp. You do also catch the occasional sclupin. And of course catfish.

Good Luck.

where can i find the aquaducts? and a spot that has largemouths

thanks for the reply

no large mouth bass in Aqueduct

Striper, Catfish and Carp all three species in the Duct....some smelt fish food for stripers

Anywhere and Any cities the Duct in 444 miles southern california...

Sorry to differ with you RamboBoy but I have caught LMB out of the aquaduct. The last was about 3 years ago right next to the 77th St. bridge in Littlerock.

There are some largemouth bass in there but not in any significant numbers. If it's in the delta it gets in the duct too. There should be some sturgeon too but not in any significant quantity either. The stripers, cats and carp are the abundant fish though.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefrogg5 View Post
    where can i find the aquaducts? and a spot that has largemouths

thanks for the reply
    Google is your friend, visit it often.... !!!!

Just Google Calif Aqueduct or Calif State Water Project...
    It runs from No Ca through bakertucky (Bakersfield), on down to the lakes along the I-5 in the Grape Vine (Pyramid, feeds Castaic etc), turns East through Lancaster & Palmdale, then follows (somewhat) along 138 toward Hesperia on its way to Silverwood... 444 miles of it!!!!!!!!!

I have seen Striper, Catfish, Carp, sunfish (gills??), Shad, some other bait like fish?? and bass (few & far between) in the duct..

Sorry, no "Smelt", that is a Saltwater fish....

The fishing is not easy, with the fast moving water.. Access is allowed in many areas for fishing... Look for a walk in gate at areas near roads & sign saying it OK to fish & regs...
    The reports you see here are the culmination of many hrs of hard core time on the Duct....

Most of the fish are trapped in the water from the Sacramento delta area where the water comes in to feed the Aqueduct....
    Many years later, it has its own ecosystem of fish & bait etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Sorry, no "Smelt", that is a Saltwater fish....

A little off topic but aren't Silver Sides considered a smelt? They are thick in Silverwood.

Just curious, thanks.

There are smelt in the duct. The fuss about water flow and pumping is directly related to the Delta Smelt. Stripers I catch have belly full of the smelt. Yes there are smelt in the duct.

i believe smelt is only saltwater.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast