Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bass in the aquaducts, where is it?

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin View Post
    LMB, Striper, Catfish, Carp, and Shad are the only fish I've caught, not saying there aren't more.

This is a close picture to the shad I've caught
    are those american shad? are there enough to excpect to catch them in the duct

the delta in no.cal is salt/brackish water from the san fransisco bay and turns to fresh water the further inland you go. that is why there are "delta smelt" in the water there and the reason they are not releasing any water to us down here,has to do with the spawn of the smelt ( or lack there of). as for bass in the duct: there are tons of smallies,largemouth,stripers,'gills,carp,catfish(c hannel and flat head) along with talapia and the occasional but very rare crappie ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE DUCT AND CANALS FROM INDIO,ALL THRU THE IMPERIAL VALLEY DOWN TO THE MEXICO BORDER!! IF YOU LIVE IN THE I.E.,DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO DOWN THERE AND CATCH SOME OF THE FISH IN THIS AREA.THERE ARE SO MANY AREAS TO FISH AND MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF FISHING TO DO. YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO COMB THRU THE FINE PRINT,ARGUMENTS AND DRAMA ON THIS SITE, ALTHOUGH HUMOROUS AT TIMES,ITS A WASTE OF TIME. GOOD FISHING!!!

oh i forgot..................... THERE AREN'T ANY SMELT IN THE DUCT :p

JEFF

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    are those american shad? are there enough to excpect to catch them in the duct
    Not 100% on American Shad, but they are shad. If you find them you will catch a few normaly near the gates, great little fighters. I tie a dropper loop leaving about a two feet gap with the hook at the bottom. A 1/2 to 1oz weight on the loop with a 2" perch grub, I like the chartreuse color. The Srtiper will even pick these up on occasion.
    Last edited by tmartin; 12-31-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Wow, those actually look like silversides (which are saltwater fish, I feed them to my Moray eel all the time -- get them frozen). If you want LMB fish either Quail lake or between Quail lake and the 77th bridge. I usually catch more LBM in Quail lake then almost anything in the spring.

Wow, those actually look like silversides (which are saltwater fish, I feed them to my Moray eel all the time -- get them frozen http://tinyurl.com/95onf4 ). If you want LMB fish either Quail lake or between Quail lake and the 77th bridge. I usually catch more LBM in Quail lake then almost anything in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSakabu View Post
    Wow, those actually look like silversides (which are saltwater fish, I feed them to my Moray eel all the time -- get them frozen http://tinyurl.com/95onf4 ). If you want LMB fish either Quail lake or between Quail lake and the 77th bridge. I usually catch more LBM in Quail lake then almost anything in the spring.
    Well silversides don't get that big do they, the ones I catch in the duct average 12" and up to a pound in weight. I'm sure they are shad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123