Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catfish'n DVL 12-27-08

Default Catfish'n DVL 12-27-08

Trolly and I finally got to get back to what we like doing most so we decided to make another run to DVL. The day started off with us meeting at our usual meeting spot and headed straight for Farmers Boys for some breakfast. When we got there we noticed the temperature reading in my truck wasn't reading a temperature......it just said ICE. After breakfast we headed up to the lake where we were greeted by some very good people at the lake. The DVL staff is always efficient and friendly. Thanks to you all!
    We also crossed paths with Hiro, Feel the Steel and the gentleman who makes the KPN lures I hope I got that right and I'm sorry I'm terrible with names. Trolly had a sack of bait for the guys but through a little miscommunication it was left on the dock. I'll have to take the blame for that one but it all worked out good.
    The first of our go to spots didn't produce any fish so it was off to another area that has produced for us in the past. On the way we hooked up with Hiros boat and anchored down.
    It wasn't long before Trolly showed us all who would have the hot stick for the day by landing a nice channel and then another. Trolly was able to boat six fish the biggest being 13 and 11 pounds. I was able to get three the biggest at 11 and 10 pounds. Hiro, Gary and KPN had a slow start but made up for it big time with some very nice fish of their own.
    It may have been a cold day but the fishing and comaraderie was second to none.
    Here's the only pic I have for the day......Team Trolltoon with a few fish for the table.

I'm starting to actually feel sorry for the poor kittys at DVL Congrats on another day of slaying the catfish....a very happy New Year to TeamTrolltoon!

TD

Way to go Team Trolltoon, you guys have gotten some nice quality cats out of DV this year, 09 is going to be awesome for you. Have a happy new year.

More BIG CATS , Thats great Chris and Terry . You two are showing us how its done with a true adventure at heart .

nice job guys, i sure could use one of two of those fried up.....congrats, and happy new year..OFG

That's some good eats there. I wouldn't mind a day like that.

Thank for the replies and I'm wishing all of you a Healthy and Happy New Year.
    Trolly and I have been pretty lucky this winter with the DVL kitties. I'm hoping we can keep it going for a while. My Dad and I just finished a very fine catfish dinner. Man was that good.

Congratulations on the nice DVL catfish. Go team TrollToon!

Default Kitties

Way to slay boys,the katkillers back at what they do best,,,terry did trolly get the #1 back again,,,lol,,,great looking fish,,,,

Great day on the water. Any leftovers from the dinner? LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast