Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: skinner 12-27

Default skinner 12-27

Fished skinner from 700-430. threw swimbaits and topwater for nada in the morning, trolled for nada off and on through out the day. did the bait and wait thing with chovies and went bendo at around 900, and that was it for until 400,i managed 8 more stripers in a the last half hour of fishing, they were all caught off of a point with chovies. they averaged 2 to 3 pounds. I saw alot of people trolling around the lake, What is a good lure to troll around for stripers? Thanks for any info.

Try trolling a z plug. They are hot at d.v.l.!!!!

I like using umbrella rigs, if i get tired of baiting and waiting. BPS has them for cheap. Thanks for the report.

I've had luck at Skinner trolling rattle traps. 3/4 0z size in some sort of blue color. Never had much luck there trolling umbrella rigs but thats just me.

hey thanks for the info , i will give it a shot.

Ive herd mixed reviews about skinner, Alot of luck with rat-l-traps thanks for the report Mabey some day I will actually get their

Nate

i was out there myself on saturdayand landed about 15 stripers all in the 10-12" slot :{ but fun never the less. all were caught on strips of squid. bites came in waves with long periods of nada in between. all were taken at the inlet.

jeff