Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Carrot fiber rods??

Default Carrot fiber rods??

Just when I thought I'd seen everything I got the 2009 BPS catalog and noticed the new "carrot stix" rods that "use strong, flexible nano-bio-fibers extracted from carrots" that are added to the blanks for a "super strong bio-polymer". Only $150 each and they are bright orange so it would be hard to lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    the new "carrot stix" rods that "use strong, flexible nano-bio-fibers extracted from carrots" that are added to the blanks for a "super strong bio-polymer".
    Dam is there no end to technology????

Next thing ya know, they will be making rods out of Bamboo and calling them Cane Poles or something high tech like that.. WOW..

I read an article a few months back about a new nano fiber chain that is like 3 times stronger then Steel with almost no weight at all...
    I see some new Rods in the future that will be strong as hell and light as a feather....

Awesome stuff................ Sci Fi is no longer fiction....

LOL just watch light as a feather, somehow they are going to make a pole using fibers from a feather!!! They have already used turkey feathers to replace certain plastics, I believe it was on the discovery channel during turkey day (oh and wingnut has a collection of carrot stix) just if you want to know how they perform
    Last edited by candyman; 12-28-2008 at 02:48 PM.

I own one....and I love it!
    Here is the 2009 model..

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:referralID=NA

i also own one and its a bad azs rod!

Great product!
    E21 makes some good stuff.