Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MiniJig Rod

Glass noodle rods have a nice slow action perfect for fishing the mini jig. Kencor still makes it's rods out of glass but most ultra-lite rods made are now made out of graphite. I have wrapped several ultra-lite spinning rods using fly blanks and I love these rods. The first fly rod I wrapped as a spinner was a 8' 5" 5wt. This was about 8 years ago and at the time I had planned on using just for those rare occasions when I would fish for trout but I had so much fun fishing this rod that I began using it in the surf for corbina and perch. I also began using it when I fished LMB. I ended up breaking it while taking it out of my truck and I immediately wrapped another one. I also wrapped a 7 wt. I have tons of fish on these rods including largemouth bass up to 12 lbs and legal + halibut. It's amazing what you can land on 4lb on UL long stick. I would recommend wrapping a fly blank to anyone looking for a long UL I used Amtak blanks which I bought for $25 and includes a life time warranty on the blank. You just can't go wrong.

If you don't wrap your own rods and you don't want to spend a lot of money on having a wrapped a good alternative would be to take a looke at the some UL crappie rods. They are designed for fishing mini jigs and you won't have much trouble finding one in the length you are looking for.

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 01-06-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12