Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: name brand over non-brand shoe question

i was gonna say in my younger years i wouldn't ... but now i don't really care ...... and actually its cool that there is no brand on it ... instated of flaa knockoff of fila or addidas or nicky..... and so on i have seen em alll

The thing about it is.. He likes white shoes.. His other shoes are ALL white. So its not the color thing its the name thing with him..

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanwife View Post
    At least they are not the velcro strap shoes.. They lace up!!
    Velcro shoes are the best type of shoes out there!!!

Does anyone remember "zip-n-go" shoes? They had a zipper on the sides of the shoes.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 12-27-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Default The real story!

Ok when I was younger thats all we got were unnamed brand shoes. I wore those type of shoes all the way until I was 13 or 14. That was the time I started working full time and was able to afford to buy my own clothes and everything. Yes there are some stuff that I dont mind that arent name brand. For instance I don't have any "Sean John" wear. I would prefer a good pair of Levi's rather than some "Seven Jeans!" Regardless after I was able to produce money for myself, and have money to support my mom growing up, I told myself I would never wear any off brand shoe. When it comes to shoes they have to be brand name,I don't wear Jordans or any high dollar shoes like that I agree they do make a good fishing shoe, I would rather wear my old Nike's.

Maybe I am the "material girl," which was funny by the way, but it all seriousness I would have taken a pair of Converse Chucks or some inexpensive Reeboks.

Last of all if someone has known someone for over 13 years and knows that they have never, ever worn a pair on non-branded shoe, why would they make a big deal about not wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    Ok when I was younger thats all we got were unnamed brand shoes. I wore those type of shoes all the way until I was 13 or 14. That was the time I started working full time and was able to afford to buy my own clothes and everything. Yes there are some stuff that I dont mind that arent name brand. For instance I don't have any "Sean John" wear. I would prefer a good pair of Levi's rather than some "Seven Jeans!" Regardless after I was able to produce money for myself, and have money to support my mom growing up, I told myself I would never wear any off brand shoe. When it comes to shoes they have to be brand name,I don't wear Jordans or any high dollar shoes like that I agree they do make a good fishing shoe, I would rather wear my old Nike's.

Maybe I am the "material girl," which was funny by the way, but it all seriousness I would have taken a pair of Converse Chucks or some inexpensive Reeboks.

Last of all if someone has known someone for over 13 years and knows that they have never, ever worn a pair on non-branded shoe, why would they make a big deal about not wearing them.

Well with that said.. Anyone wear a size 9 1/2 shoe.. I got a new pair you can have. It would be for someone that is not materialistic

I get my shoes from Walmart and Payless and I'm proud of it!
    (yet for some reason they are still name branded? or walmart brand or something but signature skater shoes. )
    I'll even wear white now days but not out fishing.

To think I used to go through a pair of $90-$120 shoes in 3 weeks on a skateboard as a youngin' is ridiculous!

The style of the shoes in question is like "basketballish" or "running shoes" though. I would have picked a different style but if I got them free I'd suck it up and sport them fishing!

Can they not be returned?
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 12-27-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    I get my shoes from Walmart and Payless and I'm proud of it!
    (yet for some reason they are still name branded? or walmart brand or something but signature skater shoes. )

To think I used to go through a pair of $90-$120 shoes in 3 weeks on a skateboard as a youngin' is ridiculous!
    skateboarding shoes last for ever i have 2 pairs of Osiris d3 i have had them since 8 years and they still do the job .... sure they got retired from everyday use but but still good for camping and dirty work

ok,ok,
    you guys keep on talking about when you were about my age...hahaha...basstards...

I'd wear them when i go to the gym or when i'm home just chilling...too bad i'm a 10 1/2 or 11...

i wear some homo "birdman" shoes that are black leather and waterproof shoes for fishing...also cost me like $25...nuff said.
    Last edited by GeordyBass; 12-27-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post

Can they not be returned?

I will more likely not return them. Honestly I may use them for fishing or around the house type of shoe.

The best mass produced shoes and boots in the world are ECCOs, at just over $200. Unless you know what you are looking at, or can somehow undo the laces, you'll never know what brand they are. They're unmarked. They're adult shoes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast