Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duct 12-27-08 Morning

Quote Originally Posted by StriperEye View Post
    Hello Yolo,my name is Frank. Congrats on the fish the last couple weeks, I've been reading your post and am extremely jealous sir!! I've been "fishing" hold on let me say trying to fish the A.V. Ducts for the last year and a half. Usually around 2-3 days a week, with only chasers no takers..I fish alot and had such a horrible year..Keep up the good work..At least I know theres still fish in there..
    The duct is a weird kind of place , meaning ya got ta put the time in and be in the right place at the right time. with the cold water you need to go slow on the retrieve and go small on the baits. No flows means be stealthy and fish the bends and throw up or down the line. If you hit it right its usually a good one. Most fish are between 6 and 7 lbs.
    Good luck and always post a report and pic .

Quote Originally Posted by INDOANGLER2 View Post
    Great job Yo, be carful with the cement sides, it doesn't take much to slide in especially when its icy. I started taking a net with a long handle after sliding in early this year.
    Thanks. I used to take a net but I lost a nice fish a few months ago because of the net. It would barely fit into the net and the lure got snagged on it and the striper did a roll or two and got unhooked because the lure got snagged in the net. To me it depends on the angle of the side. If I am on a low pitch like the past couple of outings, I don't take the net because I can usually drag it up to me and I can get close to the water. When I go to spots with steeper side walls, I try to take the net, but I also like to walk and work more ground so the net is kind of cumbersome.

BTW, I forgot to mention that this one had 10 minnows/smelt that I could count in its stomach. I have not seen schools of minnows or shad in several weeks. I know they begin to die off at a certain water temp. Has anyone seen schools lately? There were so many all year.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    The duct is a weird kind of place , meaning ya got ta put the time in and be in the right place at the right time. with the cold water you need to go slow on the retrieve and go small on the baits. No flows means be stealthy and fish the bends and throw up or down the line. If you hit it right its usually a good one. Most fish are between 6 and 7 lbs.
    Good luck and always post a report and pic .
    Thanks TP for the info...I have put in the time, that is for sure! I have caught several in the past,just this last year seemed to be impossible for me.Like you said, right place at the right time. I've been at the wrong place all the time: I get up there alot and bounce, its coming. If any of you like company while fishing, I'm all game. Yolo, I have seen individual shad here and there up to last thurs..

Congrats yolo, great job on the striper.

Nice Lineside Yolo, careful out there brother, watch those slick walls. Again, Congrats Brother! Enjoy reading your reports.

Thanks all. Rambo Boy is heading to the duct tomorrow. I'm going to try to get out there and find him. Maybe make it 4 for 4 on hook ups? That's not bad this time of year.

That is right! I will be heading to the Duct tomorrow. Wish me luck to catch the striper fish. I will fishing all day from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. in different places in Palmdale/Quartz Hill.

nice wiork and nice fish, glad ya didn't fall in

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Couple of hours? It was like 10 minutes. 7 casts and I was done
    Wow! That's gotta be some kind of record. Great job.

It has happened like that many times before to me. I have seen guys post that made only a cast or two and hooked up. Right place at the right time.

I was just with my neighbor who wanted to go out and nothing for us, but when we got to the first spot, a poster on here was coming out with a nice one. I weighed it for him and it was 8lb 5oz . He was only there a few minutes too and got it like on the 5th cast I think he said. I wish we would have gotten there 10 minutes earlier :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast