Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duct 12-27-08 Morning

Default Duct 12-27-08 Morning

Went out this a.m. to a spot that I have never had any luck at but the closest to me. The water was moving pretty good. About 20* out with no wind. Ice forming on guides, line and reel. I made 6 casts down flow and the 7th cast was up flow and in the middle and after a couple of cranks, I get a bump. 2 more cranks and it hit again and I set the hook good. Fish on and I get it to the side. Since the water was moving pretty good, there is quite a bit of exposed slime from the water level being down. I almost slid in trying to pick up the fish but I was able to catch myself. Shoes got a little wet.

This one was hooked good and actually had both trebles of my lucky Trap in the mouth. No way it was coming loose. My fingers froze trying to get the hooks out as I didn't have my pliers with me.

Well not bad for 10 minutes of work. It weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz. Basically 7 3/4 punds.

good stuff for only a couple of hours

Nice fish..

You're a braver man than me..I thought it would be COLD & WINDY like yesterday..woke up this morning NO WIND, but COLD

MM

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    good stuff for only a couple of hours
    Couple of hours? It was like 10 minutes. 7 casts and I was done

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Nice fish..

You're a braver man than me..I thought it would be COLD & WINDY like yesterday..woke up this morning NO WIND, but COLD

MM
    Cold is fine as long as the wind is absent. Get out there. It's a beautiful day. If I didn't have plans, I would have stayed longer? I actually was not even planning to go out but there was not even a breeze as I looked out the window this morning and I had a 1/2 hour to kill so I went and it paid off.

thats what im talkin bout.. nice torpedo.. love to see them silver bullets...

Oh daaaamn sorry my bad . You da man!!!

Nice striper and healthy! I am going fishing the Duct at the Palmdale tomorrow for sure. I have to wear lot of warm clothes and jacket, lol.

All the fall and winter stripers have been very healthy so far. There is a lot and I mean a lot of food in the duct this year.

Hello Yolo,my name is Frank. Congrats on the fish the last couple weeks, I've been reading your post and am extremely jealous sir!! I've been "fishing" hold on let me say trying to fish the A.V. Ducts for the last year and a half. Usually around 2-3 days a week, with only chasers no takers..I fish alot and had such a horrible year..Keep up the good work..At least I know theres still fish in there..

Great job Yo, be carful with the cement sides, it doesn't take much to slide in especially when its icy. I started taking a net with a long handle after sliding in early this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast