Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Weird plastic I use

Default Weird plastic I use

I have been using these 3" pearl Senkos for about 3 or 4 years now, and just love them. I have had little luck with the chalk white ones, but those pearl ones just seem to do the trick.

My home lake has lots of shad, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I tried them wacky d/s today and got hit a couple of times. I often fly-line it with a size 1 or 1/0 off set, red, and it does well too. I have caught bass and cats on this rig.

Just thought I'd share an idea out of the main parade.

It trips me out when catfish hits plastics. There was a day were me and a few buddies caught 5 cats on GYB ikas.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    It trips me out when catfish hits plastics. There was a day were me and a few buddies caught 5 cats on GYB ikas.
    Well that shouldn't be too crazy, as I have seen catfish with shad and craws in their stomach.
    My guess as to why they don't hit plastics more often, is because they are either moving too fast or when they nibble on it, it isn't smelly and is not soft enough.

No surprise here. Caught plenty of cats on cranks and plastics while bass fishing. Trout will surprise you too. Ive caught 1 pound trout on full size Sweet Beavers and a few large fish on blades, including a 10lber that destroyed a chartreuse blade in about a foot of water.

The 3" Senkos are great baitfish imitators. Work especially well when the fish are on shad but not actively eating the shad on the surface.