Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Temps bring out the Big boys

Default Freezing Temps bring out the Big boys

Freezing temperatures have been common throught Southern California and today at Irvine Lake was no diffrent. A low of 28 greeted anglers today with the high reaching into the mid 40's but even the frigid cold could not stop the stellar trout bite that has been on tap.

Limits or close to where quite common with Garlic Powerbait, Chrt Gulp Dough, Rainbow Gulp Dough and nightcrawlers all accounting for there fair share of bait fish. While lure tossers had better luck with mini jigs, drop shot and Thomas Bouyants.

However, it was another massive fish that stole the show. Glenn "NY4Reels" bested this mammoth of a Rainbow Trout while fishing the Trout Island area with Rainbow Power Bait. The fish was officially weighed in on the lakes scales and it read out 14.2! Congratulations once again Glenn!

Another DD from the Vine! I do not know how many that makes but I think it might be into the double digits. Impressive action to say the least. Hope to see everyone again really soon.
    Jimmy

That is a pretty thick fish. Congrats to Glenn on landing the beast.

thanks for the post Jimmy! Its always good to see the Vine kicking out some VERY nice fish

johnsfishing

Glenn, I saw you walking up the road with your lunker of a trout. Congrats on your PB trout at Irvine Lake .

Hi Jimmy. Thanks for posting the picture of me and the fish. I'm not sure who it was that weighed my fish and took my picture. Was that you?? Thank you!
    I actually caught the fish on 1/2 of an inflated crawler. No worries though.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! TM65 I spoke with a couple of people. Not sure if it was you though. Say hi next time!

Kevin, I have no idea what you mean?? It's been several yrs since I posted here on this site. Did I miss something........??

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post

Congrats on landing that beast Glenn, today was a great day at the Vine!

Thanks for the post Jimmy.

TD

Awesome fish Glenn! What a way to beat the cold and land a personal best trout.

Quote Originally Posted by NY4Reels! View Post
    Hi Jimmy. Thanks for posting the picture of me and the fish. I'm not sure who it was that weighed my fish and took my picture. Was that you?? Thank you!
    I actually caught the fish on 1/2 of an inflated crawler. No worries though.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! TM65 I spoke with a couple of people. Not sure if it was you though. Say hi next time!

Kevin, I have no idea what you mean?? It's been several yrs since I posted here on this site. Did I miss something........??
    That was actually what I was referring to. No worries.
    It's a little joke cause at SARL everything is caught on Nitro and
    at the Vine everything is caught on Berkley.

Congrats on the nice fish Glenn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast