Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PB Grande Trout!!! 12/26/08

Default PB Grande Trout!!! 12/26/08

For those of you who just like to get to the point: >>>>>>>>>

And for those of you who like to read a book: >>>>>>>>>>

Talked to Dave Bigbass about fishing with Tom and me on Friday after Christmas, but he thought the water would be too dirty and the trout wouldn’t bite. (Dave went to LMV where he did very well.) Tom and I hit up the vine in his 13" alumminum. Well the water was stained but the trout were biting.

We started out trolling close to shore after witnessing a guy break off a monster trout. We trolled for about 40 minutes para nada and moved up the west shore.

Several people caught them from boats and from the bank, but we didn’t want to stick around (too crowded). We then made a B line to Sierra cove. Upon arriving we saw two guys in different boats netting their fish. Not long after I caught a ½ # rat on Chartreuse pb dipped in garlic and then another on “Joedaplumber’s” secret weapon, #8 owner mosquito hook, 4# Maxima.

Tom finally caught one on salmon peach pb and then I caught a
    3/4 #’er on the same setup. Nothing would touch my inflated crawler that was dipped in garlic. It slowed down quite a bit so we left for the flats just barely left of Trout Island (if you’re looking at it from the water.)

The wind picked up and our anchors wouldn’t hold bottom. We were drifting towards the flats very slowly when I got another on the “Joe’s weapon”. It was just under a pound and it was our biggest of the day.

For some reason I decided to reel in the rod with the crawler and cut it in two and toss it back out. It couldn’t have been 15 minutes when I noticed the small bump of the rod tip. Then again. I softly lifted the rod and the line started to peel. At first I didn’t think the fish was as big as it turned out to be. I was thinking maybe 6 to 8 pounds.

The fish really started to burn drag as it headed to shore. It came very close to spooling me. I told Tom this was a pretty big fish as I could finally feel his weight, so Tom cleared our rods, started the motor, and lifted the back anchor.

I was able to get a turn, then another, and another. I got less than 1/2 of my spool back. When it made another drag burning run, but the fish started to tire and I was able to bring him to the boat.

All this time I had a very nice family cheering me on from shore. It felt like the whole shoreline was watching and cheering. I felt like a baseball player who hit a clutch home run. So when I was able to hold the fish up, the whole shoreline said “Yeaah” at the same time. How cool is that!

We quit fishing right after bring it and went to the tackle shop to weight it. One staff member (sorry I don’t your name) had me put it on the scale where it went 14.2pounds and 29" !!!!!
    After weighing it he took my picture along with my name and some other info

And of course I forget to bring the camera, so I had to wait to get home to take pics.

This is my personal best freshwater fish ever!!! And it was truly a team effort!!!!
    Thanks for your helpTom!

Way to go on the big fish from your buddies boat.

Thanks for the report/pics.

It may have felt like a book writing it but i gotta tell ya. I was on the edge of my seat reading the report.. Enjoyed the read and pics.. Congrats on catching such a beautiful fish. Rob > Rooster

Default awesome job

Awesome job & great report thanx for sharing

congrats on the pb fish

you stud , when i grow up i wanna be just like you :lol::lol::lol:

Quote Originally Posted by joedaplumber View Post
    Awesome job & great report thanx for sharing

congrats on the pb fish

you stud , when i grow up i wanna be just like you :lol::lol::lol:
    Haha... "Joe" if my memory serves me right you are older than me, so that's impossible! :lol:

Hope to see ya out there some time. I miss having a few laughs....

Glenn

congrats on the PB @ the vine-

GOOD JOB LANDING THAT MONSTER

Awesome Job!!! Thanks for the well written and detailed report. Congratulations

johnsfishing

NY4Reels, Nice going on your PB Trout at Irvine Lake today

NICE CATCH!CONGRATS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast