Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brown Trout

Default none

trout are lame. its all about the LMB!

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude420 View Post
    Glad to hear from you, well said. I guess you do a lot of fly fishing for bass huh? Cause we all know those dumb ole trout will just hit anything at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishindude420 View Post

check that stocker trout are lame, holdovers are in my opinion the best dvl has to offer. you can catch big bass, big stripers, big cats, big crappie at a lot of lakes. but holdover trout to the size dvl has is veryy rare in socal.

yesterday i saw a osprey grab a nice holdover. they make good eats for everybody!!!!!

that osprey mustve been on steroids..

Default Dvl

It would be cool for you guys to have some real fish for once, be it browns or something better like tiger muskies ! The browns here in lake michigan are insane. 20lbers are a dime a dozen, anything under 10lbs is a rat. They get the silver look to them like kings and coho's do in the spring, then the fall colors come in and they look bad ***. I get most of mine on rip baits. They really like the big saltwater TD minnow. Casting for 20lb browns is really good in downtown chicago. I get them right off navy pier and all the break walls. The browns will be in the rocks just like the smallies, ambushing whatever they can. Total predators. When you reel in and you get followers - it reminds me of casting iron for yellows and burning the salas as fast as you can back to the boat ! Browns are exactly the same way too !

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    It would be cool for you guys to have some real fish for once, be it browns or something better like tiger muskies ! The browns here in lake michigan are insane. 20lbers are a dime a dozen, anything under 10lbs is a rat. They get the silver look to them like kings and coho's do in the spring, then the fall colors come in and they look bad ***. I get most of mine on rip baits. They really like the big saltwater TD minnow. Casting for 20lb browns is really good in downtown chicago. I get them right off navy pier and all the break walls. The browns will be in the rocks just like the smallies, ambushing whatever they can. Total predators. When you reel in and you get followers - it reminds me of casting iron for yellows and burning the salas as fast as you can back to the boat ! Browns are exactly the same way too !
    this should be in out of state reports!!

Default haters

HEY DKCBASSMAN,WHEN I TROLL FOR TROUT ITS ALWAYS WITH LIGHT LINE ,I SIZE UP THE LINE WITH THE SIZE FISH IM AFTER,DVL HOLDOVERS I USE 6 AND LB,AND THATS A HELL OF A FIGHT WITH AN DVL HOLDOVER BECUASE WHAT EVER THE SIZE IS THE FISH FIGHTS LIKE SOMETHING TWICE THE SIZE,IF IT WAS A 5LBER IT WOULD BE LIKE A TEN LBER,AND WHEN I DOWNRIGGER STRIPERS I GO WITH 15 OR 20 TEST ON THE BIG TROUT PLUGS OR SWIMBAITS,IVE BEEN A LITE LINE FISHERMAN MY WHOLE LIFE I WANT A CHALLENGE, THE ONLY RIG I GO OVER KILL ON IS STRIPER TROLLING WITH THE UMBRELLA RIGS QAND IF YOU DONT RUN HEAVY LINE THEN THE FIRST TIME YOU TRY TO UNSTICK YOURE RIG OUT OF SOME ROCKS WORKING STRUCTURE YOU LOSE YOURE RIGS AND JIGS,OR YOU GET A DOBLE HOOKUP WITH TWO 10LB STRIPERS GOING TWO DIRECTIONS AT ONE TIME I DONT THINK YOU LURE SLINGERS KNOW ALOT ABOUT THAT,AND MR RANGER I USED FISH ALL THE TIME FOR BASS FROM THE TIME I WAS TEN UNTIL I TURNED 25,FROM ALONDRA PARK AS A KID TO EVERYPLACE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME,THE ONLY BUMMER WAS WE DIDNT HAVE SO MUCH NICE TACKLE THEY HAVE THESE DAYS,YOU REALLY SHOULDNT TRY TO BASH ME BECAUSE IVE FISHED FOR SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF FISH IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS,I GOT HEAVY INTO TROLLING BECAUSE ITS THE EASIEST ON MY OLD TIRED BODY, AND BY THE WAY A TRIPLE HOOKUP ON THREE FIVE LB BASS ACTUALLY IS KIND OF COOL IVE DONE THAT ALL DAY LONG AT THE DVL ,GREG SILKS YEARS AGO GAVE ME A GREAT LITTLE TIP THAT MASHES THE BASS,,,,,t/o

those lake michigan brown trout look like crazed fighters.

Default Not A Hater!!!

I think this all started when you gave the "Easy,Boring" association with Mr. Largie. I find that Largie's are easy to target, aggressive, good fighting fish. I can find them 24/7, especially with my current Striper situation.

Alright TO Stop Cutting In Line!!!!!! Only I can do that.
    Last edited by DKCbassman; 01-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast