Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brown Trout

At least we don't have to worry about the High Sierras being overrun with those nasty ol' bass.

Default LMB So Easy, No Fight?

Mr. TroutOnly, (No disrespect) Trolling around for fish tends to take the fight out of fish. Unless you are trolling for something with lightline, doesn't that just kill the 1 on 1 Angler vs Fish fight? Again, no disrespect towards you or your Guide Service, I think you are the most reasonably priced, die hard fisherman around. I say that because everywhere I go I almost always see you.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    STRIPERS ARE INTIRELY DIFFERENT THE EASIEST ARE LMB THEY ARE SO PREDICTABLE AND NOT MUCH OF A FIGHT,,,,t/o
    if they are so easy how come you dont catch them with any other technique than trolling? now thats easy, trolling!!!just set it and forget it!!!!!! sure you could predict a bass, or in your case school sized striper jumping on a umbrella rig drugged past its face!! how much of a fight is that? a lil schoolie on trolling gear, picture that!!! the way you fish seems more suitable as a commercial approach rather than sport!! oh, by the way, i've caught bigger fish on the troll than you could ever even fathom...your trout are equivalent to blue perch in my book( a terd eating rodent)

Quote Originally Posted by THROWBACK RANGER View Post
    if they are so easy how come you dont catch them with any other technique than trolling? now thats easy, trolling!!!just set it and forget it!!!!!! sure you could predict a bass, or in your case school sized striper jumping on a umbrella rig drugged past its face!! how much of a fight is that? a lil schoolie on trolling gear, picture that!!! the way you fish seems more suitable as a commercial approach rather than sport!! oh, by the way, i've caught bigger fish on the troll than you could ever even fathom...your trout are equivalent to blue perch in my book( a terd eating rodent)
    hahahaha you have obviously not seen pictures of big 7-8lb holdovers at dvl that fight hard and take drag even on 12 colors of leadcore.. ive fished with bob before and let me tell you he knows his **** and catches bigger fish then anyone on the troll. and unless your trolling in saltwater or in the great lakes i doubt your statements of catching bigger fish on the troll are even close to the truth. :D

but none the less brown trout are aggressive and smart. they will survive but definetley in smaller numbers simply because of the invasion of stripers. thats why dvl has started spreading out the stockings in random coves and far away from the marina.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerandy16 View Post
    hahahaha you have obviously not seen pictures of big 7-8lb holdovers at dvl that fight hard and take drag even on 12 colors of leadcore.. ive fished with bob before and let me tell you he knows his **** and catches bigger fish then anyone on the troll. and unless your trolling in saltwater or in the great lakes i doubt your statements of catching bigger fish on the troll are even close to the truth. :D

but none the less brown trout are aggressive and smart. they will survive but definetley in smaller numbers simply because of the invasion of stripers. thats why dvl has started spreading out the stockings in random coves and far away from the marina.
    If they keep draining the place they might end up being able to use the origional on-site hatchery to let the fish grow big and then place them into the main lake.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerandy16 View Post
    and unless your trolling in saltwater or in the great lakes i doubt your statements of catching bigger fish on the troll are even close to the truth.
    i always tell the truth!! Even when i lie!!!

Why must we bash eachothers styles of fishing and prefrence on species??? If every fish fought the same and and was caught on the same taclke and tactics, wouldn't it get a little boring? But on the subject of the browns.... all I can say is it will be interesting. Of course most of them will get devoured but I can't wait to see that trophy brown come out of there one day...

I wonder how many of the large browns will end up dying after someone catches them with 10 pound zebco units or on heavy catfish gear and just about rips their guts out before before getting bit off?

DVL is a trophy fishery, no matter what the species.

-I've landed all species, except the browns and DD stripers with Bob, and its not all been on the troll.

These $.02 I can outfish you punches are lame...Fishing is all about fun. And on that note, I've been aboard the phenom boat more than a few times, and i can tell you, trolling isn't all that Bob does to slay memorable catches. Trout/stripers/Bass and more. Anyways- Uncle B knows more than most on here...the only way to find that out, is to get on his guides, learn from the posts, or be lucky to be one of his friends.

Trophy Browns, i'm all about it!...as well as the stripers, holdovers, cats, blues, crappie, smallmouths and more!... Out of those species, i'm sure the browns will pop out sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by THROWBACK RANGER View Post
    i always tell the truth!! Even when i lie!!!

why you bashing on troling for trout when you can do the same for bass i cant tell you how many bass that i have caught trolling for trout.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast