Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: BBL shore fishing???

Default BBL shore fishing???

Anybody fished Big Bear latley? Is shore fishing still an option or is there too much snow/ice to make an attempt? I want to go on Saturday but dont know if it is worth the drive. Thanks guys

I'd like to know myself. Seems like we don't get a lot of reports out of BBL on this board for whatever reason. Also isn't there another little lake up there thats pretty good for tubing? Jenks Lake or something like that?

I was up there from Sunday night through Saturday of last week working on our place. Basically got snowed in. We're on the south side of the lake out on Inspiration Point near Boulder Bay. We got a total of 4' of snow and by the time I left, sheets of ice were stretching across the lake with open spots in between. The north shore won't be as bad as it gets sun. Here's some pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by smitty99 View Post
    I'd like to know myself. Seems like we don't get a lot of reports out of BBL on this board for whatever reason. Also isn't there another little lake up there thats pretty good for tubing? Jenks Lake or something like that?

more likely closed

Steve thanks for the really awesome pics!!! I actually almost got stuck today up in Crestline on my way to Silverwood. I decided to take a back route because the I-15 was completely jammed for 20+ miles. Anyway I got lost on some side road in Crestline and ended up on some mud/dirt runoff trail filled with slush. Luckily I have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD/V6 with some Goodyear MTR's on it, differential lockers and some other add-ons. I was up to my doors in mud and slush but never had to step foot outside the cab. I was able to do a 3 million point rocker turn to get myself out of the hole I was in. Once I got out the adrenaline set in and I was thanking God I wasn't "that guy" that had to knock on one of the locals' doors to have them get their jeep to come yank me out. I was pretty damn close there for a minute I thought. Anyway-- ended up making it down to the Wood and had a hell of a time with Stripers. Happy Holidays; hope you made it out of Big Bear when you were ready to leave! Didn't look like it was going to get much better tonight.

--Smitty

Smitty, I nearly got stuck 3 different times during the storm, twice with chains on the 4wd Suburban in the pics. I have BF Goodrich All Terrains on it, but no mods such as a differential locker. Anytime I got off the main road (which was easy to do because you could not see during the snow storms) I'd lose traction. So I stayed up there at our place doing work on the inside while digging out the driveway. As you can see, the dogs loved it. We're planning on going up again this weekend.

Steve

Great pics Steve and thanks guys for the replies. Looks like we will heading somewhere else tomorrow. Yucaipa or Lake Hemet sound nice but I have never fished either. I will post a report tomorrow night.