Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.A.R.L. 12-23-08 w/pics

Default S.A.R.L. 12-23-08 w/pics

It was a last minute decision to hit the lake. With the stench of skunk on me from Saturday’s tourney at the Vine, I needed to try to knock the smell off of me before Christmas (can’t go see the family smelling like skunk lol). So I packed the kids up and headed to S.A.R.L. Got there at 10:15 and lots of people were there. Beautiful day to be fishing.

I set up in Levits corner. I sat there for about an hour with no luck. Time to move. I spotted an open spot on the other side and rushed over there. The guy next to me had one fish (stocker size) and he said the guy to the right of me had one.

Like Troutdog would say “the short of the long of it”or is it “the long of the short of it” finally got bite at 2:30 on chartruese Gulp eggs. I started to jig when the indicater on my other pole shoots up in the air and the drag went ZZZZZZZZZZZZ……ZZZZZZZZZZZ…….
    Got the pole, set the hook and worked him til he was tired. This guy put up a good fight. The guy next to me netted this fat boy for me. Official weight at the shop was 3lbs on the dot.

Skunk gone, now I can see the family smelling good.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

FISH ON!!!

Default sarl

nice fish. it seems that the catching has been very slow at sarl. I was there a week ago with a friend ( after the so called double stocking of tail walkers and bows) he got 1 i got 0. the derby was also slow so i would like to know what happened to this huge stocking? seems to me that they put a large stocking in once in a while and let a little out at a time.

Nice report and pics....Is the water still brown? Maybe the tailwalkers will start to wake up after the 70hrs road trip last week. LOL

nice report and pics.

Thanks for posting the report.. Slow but still a great day out I am sure..
    Merry Christmas..

CS

how was the water clarity? tailwalkers still flying out the water?

Nice job punking the skunk Tony, Saturday left a bad smell on me too!

See you on the water soon....

TD

Nicely done MVW.. Great lookin trout there bro.. Hope 2 cya out there soon..

You can not stop the MVW, you can barely hope to contain him. MVW is a definite force to recon with out there. Great job on the skunk beater. Fish hate silt in water and most species had a drastic drop in water temps so any fish caught in these conditions is a good fish.

Tony,
    Nice report and pics bro.!
    Happy Holidays to you and your family
    See ya out there soon somewhere!

Rodger - YamaFish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast