Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X-mas eve 2008! BEST BIG FISH DAY IN YEARS

Damm...great job guys. Do you guys use 2lb pound leads on those. Im still getting the hang of it. I have a tendencie of tightening the drag. Any advise on bring those big ones in, instead of just dont tighten the drag?

Congrats on the DD's everyone. Omar - 2 in one day! You deserve it friend.

Default xmas eve stocking

yeah they stocked it on wednesday, surprisingly not much action for big ones I hear. They will be their sooner or latter. I use only 2 pound test and set my drag by pulling the end of the line till my reel starts release line. If it doesnt then slowly loosen the drag till it starts to release line, then stop. You are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Koontaj View Post
    Damm...great job guys. Do you guys use 2lb pound leads on those. Im still getting the hang of it. I have a tendencie of tightening the drag. Any advise on bring those big ones in, instead of just dont tighten the drag?

A word of advice. Do not tighten your drag when you have a big trout on the end of your line. I did that last year and lost a DD trout that snaped my line. Man was I pissed at myself for doing that. Play the fish out and tire it out and wait. You will land the fish that way. If you get impataint and button down the drag while your horsing the fish in your going to loose it every time. Speaking from experiance.

Way to go Guys. Omar congrats! I was planning to go today(Sunday) Armando told me it was too cold to go out there. I will try Monday or Tuesday. Congrats to all! Cindy

Lisa, Bob, Fred, Omar, congrats to you all.

Those are some nice sized trout for this time of the year @ the Vine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234