Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X-mas eve 2008! BEST BIG FISH DAY IN YEARS

Default X-mas eve 2008! BEST BIG FISH DAY IN YEARS

That's right folks for the few anglers that managed to make it out on Christmas Eve 2008 they where rewarded with probably the Best Lunker bite I have seen in many years! Right from the get go I knew it was going to be an epic day! I actually started out the morning OBLIGATED to fish because it was my buddys bithday. Set up shop next to Bob Barr, who is an extemely nice guy and is more than willing to get wet to net somebody else's fish, Omar "Huggybear" Banks amongst others.
    The bite was pretty good first thing with some dinks biting for me. All of the sudden Bob gets bit on his nightcrawler rod. He says it feels like a better fish and proceeds to fight his fish for about five minutes. This is the end result!!! A beautiful 8.4 ounce fish.

I look down at my cell phone and its time to go to work. All of the sudden I hear that Omar has landed a big fish. Rumors are swirling that the fish is well over the ten pound mark! I send Nick down to take pictures and get the information! This is Omars 1st fish. A gigantic 12.4 nightcrawler eating Rainbow Trout!
    A couple of hours later I am helping one of our dock workers when I see a female angler hook yet another 10+lb fish while tossing a lure. I go down just in time to see Lisa Gray of Corona land her personal best (as her husband told me) Rainbow Trout. The fish went 10.14 lb and was caught fishing a Kastmaster in the Silver pattern from shore.

My being nieve thought there was no way that another big fish would be landed snapped a picture of the trio. Here is Bob Barr of Tustin, Lisa Gray of Corona and Omar "HuggyBear" Banks of MMP CA with their impressive catch.

If you did not catch my satire in the last phrase their was a lot more left to come. Bob calls me frantic saying the Lunkers just went on the chew! He said it was basically insane on 5+ fish for about thirty minutes. Bob managed to land yet another Lunker. This one went 10.2 lbs. But of course this fish was land on suprise, suprise a night crawler. Bob is picutred here with his 8.4 and his 10.2! Congratulation Bob I cant say enough about the week you have been having! You are just an awesome guy and I know that everybody that fished with you today thinks the same.

But wait there is more. What are the odds of somebody catching not one 12 lb Trout but two. Well, Omar "Huggybear" Banks managed to do just that! Omar land another 12.12 Rainbow in the final hour of fishing!!!!!! Way to go Omar. An unbelievable day for you to say the least!!!!

Omar is the guy in the red sweatshirt.
    Not to be outdone Fred Ginger of Rialto managed to land this 5.14 Rainbow Trout while fishing but of course a nightcrawler. Fred's fish was amazing looking it had a huge hooked jaw and brillant colors. Here is the same picture as before with who is who.
    Omar is in the red sweatshirt holding up his two 12+ lb fish. Bob is on the left with his 10.2 and 8.4, and Fred is kneeling with his 5.14 hooked jaw male Rainbow Trout.

So I am just going to tally the day for everyone just in case you where not counting.
    4 Fish over the 10lb mark!!!!!!!!!!!
    Two fish over the 12lb mark!!!!!!
    and six huge fish!!!!!!!!!!
    Total combined weight of all six fish is an incrediable 58.8lbs!!!!!! God lord. What does the lake have in store for us after Christmas when the fish will be able to rest for a day?!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jimmy
    To everyone that reads this thread before the holidays! Happy Holidays to all! You guys make this happen and make coming to work so enjoyable for me. I am so extatic to report stuff like this! I mean WOOOOOWWWW what a day!

That is quite impressive. I wanted to go today but had to do some Christmas eve errands. Good job guys, I may swing thru sometime this weekend.

Save some for Friday.
    Damn!

That is very impressive! Congratulations to everyone especiallly you Omar! Two twelve pounders in one day! I'm fishing next to you next trip to the Vine.

Way to go Everybody! Nice Catch!

Omar you deserve that Bro!

thanks for the kind comments guys , i tell you what today was a blasti will be back again on friday to hopefully slay again

Wow
    Just beasts! Nice !
    Congratulations !

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!

Congrats to all of you guys out there!

You will be hard pressed to find a bigger smile on Omar's face I am stoked for you dude!!! See you Friday morning.

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Nice fish! It is Christmas time!

Nice going everyone. I got some much needed R&R today. I should of went fishing.

Congrats to you all on the big trout

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast