Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Lets all put in $20 and get that poor kid some new parents.....and the X-Box too!

Prolly justa cruel joke for the net, I'm sure he'll get his X-Box on the last night of Chanukah.

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-24-2008 at 10:02 PM.

How messed up is that? We bought my son an Xbox 360....which he will be opening tomorrow morning...but Im thinking of getting my Xbox 360 box and doing the same thing.....to get a reaction (he wants the xbox more than anything).....but then he will open the real one later.

Anyhow...dont know if its true or not.....but according to people who posted comments on that youtube site.....the poor kid got an Xbox 360 a week later. Supposedly it was punishment for him sneaking a peak at his gifts before Xmas. Take it for whats its worth.....but if he didnt get one.....wow.....tough parents.

So....would it be wrong for me to do what I was thinking? (strange coincidence that you posted this DS)

awww man thats cruel!!
    Last edited by pasadenafishin; 12-24-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Poor kid. Not only he didn't get an Xbox he also looks like that kid from the Little Rascals.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey DS, I told one of my buds about this video and he told me, the reason why this kid's parents gave him an empty XBox package. Here's the story.

The kid was snooping around the parent's bedroom a few days before Christmas trying to find out what he was gonna get on Christmas Day. He ended up finding the Xbox and told someone that he was getting one. Well, I'm guessing that someone tipped off the parents, letting them know that their son knows about the gift. So the parents decided to play that prank on him. My bud said that the kid ends up getting the xbox after that cruel prank.

Merry Christmas

man that is some F%@!t up $@!& .... i was waiting for someone to give it to him but then the clip ended

Wait til the kid is old enough to have to make the decision to either put his parents in a convalescent home or a really fuuuuxed up nursing home

Remember the days when kids were grateful for ANY gift they'd receive?

Now, if Santa didn't shell out $400 for a gaming console to further enhance their ADD and their inability to socialize, they cry?

Lucky you didn't get a pink bunny suit, you spoiled brat.

I know when I have kids, I'm gonna take them down to skid row during Christmas so maybe they can appreciate the true meaning of the holidays. Maybe pick up a kid's Santa Claus letter from the Post Office (like I did this year) and get some real unfortunate child a gift. Opening the letter and having the kid asking for a warm comforter nearly brought tears to my eyes. No, he didn't ask for an XBox or a PS3, or a new BMW. He asked for a simple item that we all take for granted.

After hearing the entire story, I'm sure those that deemed the parents "horrible," might recant their sentiments. If anything, this video just shows how spoiled kids have become, and how Christmas now seems like a holiday invented by Sony and Nintendo.

Rant over.

I bought my console on Halloween so I didn't have to cry on Christmas

BTW, that's an interesting program DS, how'd you get into that or find out about it?

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post

BTW, that's an interesting program DS, how'd you get into that or find out about it?
    TJ,

I walked into my local post office and asked about the USPS Operation Santa program a few years ago, when I became sick of the holidays becoming one of "something you want," instead of "something you give," or "something you should be grateful for."

The local post office directed me to a 'regional' branch where they allowed me to pick up a letter or two.

The LA one is listed below:

Main Processing and Distribution Center
    7001 South Central Avenue
    Los Angeles CA 90059
    Entrance to the North Pole room is between Florence Ave & Gage Ave

Hours: Monday - Saturday, 9am - 2pm
    Tel: (323)586-4380

In the main Los Angeles Post Office, above, you'll first pass through security in the front. When you arrive in the "North Pole" room, you'll you'll find two postal employees opening, reading and sorting the letters to Santa, placing some into boxes labeled, "Needy Kids", "Needy Families', "Spanish Language," and "Wish Letters."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12