Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Chicken Cacciatore Recipe

Default Chicken Cacciatore Recipe

I have not cooked this dish for many years and I forgot how I use to make it so I just thought of what would be good and made it for dinner last night.

I used skinless boneless breasts ( I think I would use skinles and bone less thighs next time )

I cut into large chunks and put them into the bottom of a roasting pan. I puored a goodly amount of EVOL and salted ( Med. Sea salt ) & peppered.

I sliced one lg. onion and put that on top of the chicken.

I juilian sliced a yellow pepper and put that on top.

I then sliced some fresh mushrooms and put that on top.

I then poured over the top of everthing the sauce. ( store bought Prego ) I covered the dish w/ foil

I put into preheated oven and baked for 1 1/2 at 350*

The last 30 min. I took off the foil put it back into the oven.

I had some Barilla thick spaghetti that I cooked Al Dente ( 12- 13 min. )

So I put the pasta on a plate and spooned up some of the chicken pices with the onions, and yellow pepper, mushrooms , & sauce on top and grated fresh Bel Gioioso Parmesan Cheese over it.

It was tasty and I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 12-24-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Iam a bonless Breast man over a Thigh dinner anytrime , lol but no kidding this recipes makes me hungry just reading it . I love to eat but just don't have time to cook , ha