Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu striper derby

Default Havasu striper derby

I know its a little early (derby is in may),but i was thinking of having a fish taco get together at my place in havasu thurs. Or fri. Before the derby. Striper chic and i will be there for atleats a week prior to the derby and should have plenty of fillets! Thought id throw it out there. Love to see fnn make a huge showing out there.

Tight lines, jeff

Thats really cool of you to invite!!

thanks mav. this derby is a frickin' blast! meet tons of people,good food,huge raffle and TONS OF STRIPERS!!! fun times always had by all!

too bad it's 300 miles away!lol...i'm still in the earliest of planing stages,,,lol,,,May 16th to be exact...
    Last edited by GeordyBass; 12-23-2008 at 01:41 PM.

THAT SOUNDS GREAT, PLEASE KEEP US POSTED FOR THIS EVENT, DATE , TIME, SIGN UPS, ECT.

I have a great friend who lives in Havasu and does the Pro Bass Circuit out there. I would like to give it a try this year. The only striper fishing I have done out there with any success was small fish on trolled chovies.

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    I have a great friend who lives in Havasu and does the Pro Bass Circuit out there. I would like to give it a try this year. The only striper fishing I have done out there with any success was small fish on trolled chovies.

This being my 5th year fishing the derby and 15+ year of "fun" fishing at havasu, i've learned there are multiple ways to troll anchovies to get different action thus creating strikes from fish that might not other-wise bite. All from the same basic rig and technique,but those very subtle are big time keys to success!!! see you in may.

jeff

Ill be there!! You guys should really come over and have a few drinks along with some fishing stories/techniques and food! It would be fun to have people from fnn start making a tradition out of it!
    Last edited by bassturd; 01-06-2009 at 11:45 AM.

I love the idea of getting a group together and the idea of having some fish and drinks after etc.

I already plan of fishing this tourney with my buddy Mark Jones on his Skeeter, he does not post here though....maybe this tourney will get him posting up here...

Lets keep talking about this, I'm down and I am planning on kicking some striper arse !!!!!!

Some 'ems gonna bleed...some 'ems gonna die.....some 'ems going DOWN for this one !!!!

still early to set all the details but lets keep kicking this one around..

Let 'em feel the steel...Gary

this could turn into a bitchin' annual thing,having fnners make a huge showing and getting to meet some of you guys! my little bro (BASSTURD) and his wife are going,i think "BIG COUNTRY" will be there again (better be to repay the favor if i get in a pinch) and of coarse me and my GF ( STRIPER CHIC) WILL BE HOSTING A LITTLE BREW-HA-HA AT THE HOUSE WITH FISH TACOS AND FISH STORIES ON THE MENU. WE WILL NEED YOU TO R.S.V.P. SO I KNOW HOW MANY STRIPERS I NEED TO KILL B-4 YOU ALL GET THERE :) J/K
    LOOK FOR CONFIRMED DATES IN THE WESTERN OUTDOOR NEWS.( I THINK IT IS THE 16-17 OF MAY)

TIGHT LINES,JEFF

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast