Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Striper Report (Late 12-05-08)

Default Castaic Striper Report (Late 12-05-08)

Sorry for the late report, better late then never. I fished from 2-close and picked up these 2 Stripes. Both were caught on the surface on a home made trout plug. They were not the biggest for this time of year but still put up a nice fight. They only wanted a fast retrieve. I did not see any others caught that afternoon. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Off The Hook View Post
    Sorry for the late report, better late then never. I fished from 2-close and picked up these 2 Stripes. Both were caught on the surface on a home made trout plug. They were not the biggest for this time of year but still put up a nice fight. They only wanted a fast retrieve. I did not see any others caught that afternoon. Good Luck

Nice job...congrats

Sometimes it pays to incite a riot!!!

Congrats to you.

way to burn the spot for your 5 seconds of internet fame.

"Spotburner", nothing is burned about that spot. It always has people fishing it and this is not new information.This is not a secret honey hole by any means and i honestly hope another person from this site can get out there and wack a few of those stripers.

WTG on the Pluggin!
    I too have landed some nice fish on my homemade plugs this dec. - you just need to trigger the right retrive! As for that spot - the Stripers are on the move looking for the T-bait, by no means is he giving this spot up. To tell you the truth, the best arera for getting these fish is off limits to Fishing boats right now....better bet for the shore angler if you know what I am talking about.
    Congrats & keep em comming!
    Last edited by fishrdi30; 12-23-2008 at 09:46 AM.