Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tournament this weekend

He meant you..for fishing right off the boat docks, who the hell told you to do that? :)

The best way to have your suggestions for improvements in tournaments made is to PM the management ie Vineline with what you saw, ie snagging, C&R of smaller fish etc., or other suggestions. Let's respect each other here. Of course this is MHO

I was playing with Rob...I told him to park there, he did well there haha...Good looking out OFG!! Notice the smiley :)

yah I noticed, but, only way to improve the conditions is to let the staff know what you observed. I know I did and in a PM so perhaps they can handle some of the issues especially hogging the boat ramp and having more staff available when there is money on the line. I know several people who would volunteer in say exchange for a couple of passes to be used another day. Just an idea......OFG

I like the 3pm weigh in idea..the bite comes back in right about 2-230 ish. So you miss out on some good fishing. I also volunteered for some of that work as a matter of fact. I sure have the resume for it...

If they're not able to stock fish at random locations throughout the lake, I suppose they could place an official weigh-in station along the shore right next to the ramp where the fish were stocked so that they could weigh fish in as they come in from the boats. That way there would be no chance whatsoever of anyone fishing the recently stocked area as there would always be someone there to prevent it from happening. And that would probably reduce the number of people hauling buns to the weigh-in station.

I am aware that this would result in the shore anglers protesting that this is unfair to them, and that the boaters would have a better chance of landing a monster fish. Some places along the shore hold practically no fish and others are swarming with trout. Rainbow trout are a schooling fish and will be found in large concentrations at times. That is why people end up hooking up one after another along the shoreline at times. They can often be seen in a huge ring circling the same spot over and over. It is easy to catch a limit at these times if they are in a biting mood, and sight fishing for the big ones is a viable option. Toss something in front of the fish and BAM!!! a nearly instant hookup is often the result.

It is my personal opinion that the weigh in should be at 3 pm not at 2 pm.

It is a good thing my opinions never count for anything.

As far as why I fished by the launch, I have noticed at several dif lakes...ie...DVL...that the trout all hold out right on the cement for days after the stock, and I noticed at IRVINE that when I launch my boat, I always see a nice fish or two hanging there. That is why I wanted that spot, and also because one of my friends mentioned to me that he has always had luck on launch ramps, so I told him we could go try it out.

I am not feeling attacked here at all, and I am actually very impressed with this forum for not being so cut throat like bloody decks is. I wanted people to know what I saw, and only what I saw. It seemed like people were ripping team Phenix a bit, and I saw them plain old ripping the fish and the tournament up!

Take care, and I am pretty sure Friday is on for the vine fishing if you are off

Thanks Chris. That's why I ONLY post and read here. People are generally very very cool here. In my book, you fit right in. Thanks for your insight...I'm still waiting for my PM on you new jig techniques ;)

Lets just go fish and I will show you...you bring the beer, I bring the boat!

Deal...its not hard to get me to go fishing!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast