Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tournament this weekend

It was good meeting you out there at the raffle as well. It was pretty crazy watching these guys and how the used the gigs and drop shot so well. I was watching close and it seemed to me that they were just a step ahead of everyone around in not only technique, but equipment as well! As for the way they moved in and out of the water with waders to avoid all of the lines...rarely tangling up, all while fighting huge fish on 2 pound test, it was pretty cool to see. I know what you are saying about it being your home lake and fishing it two times a week or more to get ready for the tournament, because I was doing that as well. I used none of the technique that I had been practicing (bait) and just tried to mimic wat they were doing with the drop shot, and wham!!! I was on a 8.6# fish. They netted the fish for me in a very comfortable way as well. Soon enough I had caught another 8# fish, and the next day that 10.6# fish...neither of which were caught by the boat launch area, and both on drop shots or jigs. I guess what I am saying is dont be afraid to come up to the pros and talk to them...that is what I did, and they were super cool to me.

I hope to c you out there. Look for the little camo boat that looks like a bathtub with seats

Chris

Rather than stocking fish next time, just do a raffle for people who get to fish in the stock truck itself, rather than having all the mess of 100 people trying to fish in a dough boy sized pool.

Thanks for the insight, I would love to talk to you and see what the great etchniquies you learned were. Fishing is an ever-evolving sport and I need to keep up with it. Thanks for being cool enough to post all of this on here. My only negative point was the monopoly on that spot and that is was where the stocking was...it killed the event for most who entered. All in the past now, chalk it up to learning that its not a pro event and therefor will not be run like one. Next time, let's hook up and say hello to each other! Congrats on your killer fishing weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by man-yo! View Post
    The problem was those deformed fish, all they could do is swim in a circle.. You know what I mean Mav, I saw yours. All the smaller fish spread out.
    Deformed? How? Having no tail? What do you mean? Cindy

EASY! no camping before a tourney, problem solved.

Congrats to you on catching your two money fish and hopefully a place in the Masters Tourney.

I wasn't there, but last year it was the same way at the launch ramp. It don't take much skill to hook up there. The skill comes in landing it with boats coming in, lines everywhere and the dock nearby.

If you guys want to to get the fish to move, just do a few doughnuts at the ramp while taking the boat out.

Thats what Patrick did on Sunday with the security boat and it spread them out a bit. My thought is this though...I work in the fish biz, and I know for a fact if you start doing donuts around freshly planted fish (sluggish, and dazed) they will sit near the surface and not move out of the way an get killed. If they have had 24 hours to acclimate, that would work.

Hey Mobilereef/Chris,,,,,,,, Way to man up and post here about the Irvine Lake problem(or so called problem).

The real problem here is Irvine Lake. They need to get control of there stocking program during a tournament. My vote is to stock 3-4 days before the date and close the lake till tournament day. That way the fish can spread out. Also stock the lake in different spots.

We know Irvine will never close the lake., they are in business to make money. A closed lake makes no money.
    Stop and think about what you spend to fish there.

For those of you in boats, you have the whole damn lake to fish. The shore fisherman have a 20' spot. Go fish the lake in your boat.

Chris, you did nothing wrong. Great job on out smarting the fish and the so called Irvine Lake social club.

Who is the Irvine Lake social club? I didn't see anyone knocking Chris at all...He did great!

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    Who is the Irvine Lake social club? I didn't see anyone knocking Chris at all...He did great!
    I think he means you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast