There seems to be some confussion regarding this weekend...in particular Saturday, over the spot by the boat launch, so I thought that I would post what I saw with my own eyes on behalf of the Irvine Staff.

I came to the lake to camp at 6pm friday night with my RV to try to learn how to fish a tournament. I was up like everyone else trying to get near the docs and launch ramp where the large fish tend to hold out. I did not know the rules, and set out my table and chair and rods holders in the spot closest to the ramp only to have the team phenix guys tell me that I would be disqualified if the staff saw me do that. I then removed all of the gear and waited with those guys who were very nice to me, and even helped me with some fishing tips. Once security drove the shore and did his rounds, he signaled with his flashing lights, we all ran down and set up according to who got there first. I had 4 in the rv and they had four or five, so that pretty much tied up the area.

Sorry to all of the guys that did not have as much LUCK as I did this weekend, but there was quite a bit of stress that came along with fishing with that many lines packed in a small area. So I think we all payed our dues (ie...28 degree weather all night and competing with incredible fisherman)

I have only been fishing for one year and was able to chance into a 8th place, and a 3rd place finish just by getting there early and being respectful to the "pros". You should have been there, I learned a ton of good info.

Better luck in the next one,

Chris