Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The VINE ALL weekend 12-20 and 12-21

Default The VINE ALL weekend 12-20 and 12-21

Well, Here is my report from the weekend at the Vine Christmas Tournament. I already commented on the downs of the tourney on another thread. This is the ups!!! I had a bad weekend in the sense of amount of fish. I caught 2 Saturday and only 1 Sunday. However, I got to spend time with the family CRVZ and Christian and Chase (the babies) on Saturday on a beautiful lake with killer views, Sunday was fishing with Wes (Poxy Boggards) and my uncle and cousin. Wes did very well, he would have had his limit, but he let my little cousin reel one in with his rig....that was class..thanks WES! You made that kid's day. My uncle hooked in to a giant in Woody's cove, but it wrapped in the weeds and got the line stuck. Sunday we tied up to Rob (ROOSTER) and Roger (Yamafish) for a while. Great fishing with you guys, one of the highlights of the weekend. What a wealth of knowledge on that boat between the two of them. Nice boat too, looks like a fish killing machine! Thanks for the donuts and water!! So glad I hooked into one while you were there, the pressure was on and we were talking MUCH trash!!!

Troutdog, Hittson and Man Vs. Wild pulled up behind us and we were comparing notes on the day. Always good to see you guys...nice peeps!!

Saturday, CRVZ kicked my butt!! No doubt about that....BUT just as Jerry was coming toward us in the patrol boat to kick us off the water, CRVZ said "look at your rod". I was getting what seemed like small nibbles. I picked it up and quickly set the hook. Fish ON! I saw the fish partially boil and said "it looks small" then after a couple head tugs and I saw color, I quickly changed my tune. Now I hollered "Its pretty big, get the net" CRVZ says " yeah right!" That was probably because I did so horrible all day. She slowly strolls to the back of the boat and grabs the net. She then sees the fish and says "S*&%T, its huge!" Then the fish decides to fight a little and wrap around the anchor, in a feeble attempt at freeing himself. I managed to turn his head and bring him up and CRVZ nets it. The scale at the tackle shop says 4.6 Lbs. The only bummer was it didnt fight very hard because it was missing the tail! Very disappointing. That might have been a good thing though because I hooked it on my lightest rig, 5' tall very flexible with 4 lb test and a 2lb leader! You can see Troutdog, Hittson, and Man Vs. Wild on the rental behind me in the pics.

I told them "at least you got to see me catch a fish, so you believe my Posts"

Another highlight was one of my twins winning a Shakespeare reel at the raffle. I also won a rod stand and a knife sharpener! Thank you to the Vine for that!!

Here are some of the pics. enjoy!

CRVZ on the bow, complete with Christmas lights!

The lunker hook-up site

Busy Shoreline!!

Troutmatic on the slay! We watched him limit with a quickness, great job!!

Snow on the mountains

The next three are of my tail-less trout and the boys in the background..

Last edited by MAVERICK27; 12-22-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added to it

Nice fishing with you Maverick! Man that trout had no taill at all, no wonder you thought it was small before you got a look at it.

We'll get em next time!

Wes

As always it was nice seeing TeamCRVZ out at the Vine with the twins, it sounds like you had a great weekend as did I. Not many fish caught either, but nice seeing friends on the lake.....thanks for the report Mav. Hope to see you at the Vine again very soon.

BTW those fish are affectionately referred to as "nubwalkers"

TD

Thansk guys! "nubwalkers" that was great

Bravo! Awesome report my friend. Good job on the 4lber. I love the pics of the rainbow eels you caught! haha!

Haha, thanks Bro..eels..pretty much felt like it on the line..next time, forget SARL. You are comin out to the vine with me!!

Nice job out there Mav atleast you beat the dreaded skunk on both days, and ended the weekend with a hefty fish too bad about the tail tho. I heard that the one of the twins won something at the raffle on saturday, thats really cool. I hope conditions dont get worse with todays rain im gona be out there tomorrow. Thanks for the report and pix.

Thanks! Oh man, I was invited to go with Jimmy tomorrow. Should be better without all the pressure, weekdays always is there. Good luck and post a report, i'd love to see it. The Vine just needs to settle and clear the water up.

That is one weird looking trout LOL. I'm glad you had a good time with your family, it was too bad I couldn't make it out there with you guys I'm sure it would have been fun. We go soon!!!

Hey I think I saw you out there later in the day on Sunday. I was in the white kayak. The three I caught near the end there were the only ones I got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast